Charity Event

• I think it’s high time we pull together a charity event to allow us all to mingle within our influence spheres or in new ones we wish to get a leg in.

With the Camarilla gone, there’s definitely got to be a bit of a vacuum out there or stuff they held. It’d be a shame to not capitalize on that.

I can offer the Collective as a venue unless there is another we would rather pursue.

Discuss and let’s get going.

Tucker

• Toreador

If acquiring influence and contacts that the Cam held is our goal, perhaps we should considering holding an event at a structure that was in their territory. Thought?

• Jenna ❤

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

Don’t think location matters as much as getting the right people there.

• Yves

• Toreador Spine

I’m influent on high society and I hope to be even more influent in the next days, so I could begin to spread the voice that an event,all Branton royalty will attend, is about to happen, just for rousing curiosity (without entering in details)
    Do you agree?

Yours,
    Delia

• Let’s not put the cart before the horse. The right charity event can be a a good way to get all the names and faces in the right places, as can the right gala.

I personally recommend looking at a space or event center in Gainsborough. It could allow us to begin extending our hold into the last Midtown area that should be rightly ours, has spaces that we can tailor more specifically to whatever we decide to do for the event, and is accessible to both the wealthy young and old monied kine.

With these in mind, the first two point of discussion should be concerning what type of social event we intend to hold, and where to have it. One may influence or limit the other; something to bear in mind.

-Wes

Wes, this is a Guild not a Coterie, so our holdings aint so much a thing. Gainsborough could be taken by one, maybe if you Toreador pull together for it, and if you can stump up enough to keep control. Or even a subset, and i’m always happy to help my allies achieve shit, but the guild is more a job. We gain influence to keep the city and all of us safe… but thats about it. Beyond that its up to individual licks to agree, come together, and prosper.

• Yves

• I’m fine with a location in either Gainsborough or at the Collective/Midtown.

I’d tend away from a gala, as that seems a bit stuffy.

In terms of charity, I think we would want one with broad appeal. Perhaps something that can connect with our revitilaztion efforts in the city and focuses on disenfranchised folks - a large cross section of our influences would want to be involved in that.

We could even set one up ourselves that we use as an arm to grow our pull and sway with these individuals, while furthering our other aims.

Tucker

I think that’s a really good idea. Maybe we should target which ones are key and then be creating the event around it? Like I can see something to do with young artists and the homeless, selling some of their work to the more wealthy folk. This would give them money and a platform to grow their work, as well as making the others feel good about doing something positive. That’s just one idea of course, so it would be great if there were some others, but that’s what’s floating around my head. Maybe y’all can figure something way better.

• Yves

• A charity event sounds like it will fit the bill then. As far as cross-influences go and where to donate the money, we could look at the areas of street, police, and health. The easiest one to sell will always be helping the destitute, but if we put the right spin on this, there could be an excellent case made for police, and an opportunity for either Tucker, Yves, or both of you, to improve your grip in that area. Donations to a struggling hospital like St. Jude’s also might sell well.

I like Yves’ suggestion about selling art, and I would like to add to it, potentially, food, be it dinner or hors d’oeuvres, and at least a performance. The art could be sold either as a silent auction throughout the night, or as a more standard affair after dinner. When kine are full and happy, their pocketbooks tend to be looser in my experience. If kept at the right size, this would be entirely feasible at the Collective.

-Wes

• Let’s move forward with this then. Here are the steps I see, someone please let me know if I’m incorrect.

• Setup a charity organization to support these objectives - the arts, poverty, and city transformation. Yves, Jenna, Wes - given your skill sets, can you take point on this?

• Once setup, we will host an art auction and event at the Collective. Delia and I will handle art collections and getting society/artistic folks involved. We will also handle media for the event, with the secondary support of Emmeric

• Each of us will encourage our various influence spheres to support - critical ones being Media, Police, Health, Politics, Legal, Bureaucracy, Society but all others can easily fit in this event.
    • Wes, as a proper patron, will help coordinate the decor at the collective.

Please let me know if this makes sense and everyone is on board. If so, let’s get going.

Tucker

• We will need to discuss mission and vision statements, how we want to handle filing the 501©(3) paperwork, and filling the critical positions in the non-profit (advisory board, lead accountant, experienced lawyer in non-profit law, etc.). Jenna, Yves, anything to add? And more importantly, are you on board?

-Wes

• Toreador Spine

Crystal clear as always, Tucker, darling. I’m ready! - if this can be of any help, if adding basic adult instruction to the objectives of the charity could be doable, maybe we could pull in my university influence for supporting.

What do you think?
    Yours,
    Delia

• Toreador Spine

::post-scriptum, with her usual cursive and violed-scented ink::
    Oh, by the way - my monologue, the one I prepared for the -you know, the party-
    I’m keeping it ready and can be performed, if needed.

Love,
    Delia

• All over it.

• Emmeric

I been putting some paperwork together. Wes, Emm, let’s meet up and finalise shit when we’s all around.

• Yves

• Toreador

I’m for sure on board! Wes, Yves, lets meet up sometime and discuss matters. Perhaps a group chat would be more convenient. Here’s my number just in case! ###-###-####.

XOXO,
    Jenna ❤

• I am writing to follow up on the current status of this.

Tucker

(( I had been hoping to be around to do it ic, but im really off and on, so we might have to just do it through chambers))

((Ok whoever wants to do the charity thing come into chambers and sort it, we can take it from there))

• ((I’ve been gone for about two weeks but I will be online hit or miss for the next week or two. But I will try to get into chambers this evening or Saturday, sorry.))

• Is the charity going to be a long-term thing, or do we only care about it for this one event? It’s gong to affect the amount of paperwork, resources, and influences we will need to dump into it.

-Wes