Fort Ravenstein

• I have visited Fort Ravenstein three times now, and had supernatural occurences each times.

First Encounter:
    A number of us were requested to go on a mission. That same night, it almost went off, but not everyone was able to go, so TJ, Darien and myself opted to scout the area.

As we approached the Fort, it felt right and natural to veer off and investigate a rock buried under snow. The rock was almost warm (in extremely bitter cold weather), and felt strange; almost like skin. We noticed an owl observe us - a creature that should not have been out in that weather. It flew towards us and sat on the rock, rather protectively. It seemed to understand what we said and was not remotely perturbed at us being predators, like most animals. Darien directly asked it if it understood us, and it seemed to confirm.

We tried various things with the rock, including each dribbling some of our blood on it. The blood rolled off, nothing happened. We gave up for the night, expecting to return the next day.

Second Encounter
    This time a bunch of us returned to the rock the next night. Tia, myself, Alex, Aidan, Darien, Emmeric (more?). Tia performed a ritual there and we found ourselves transported, as if underground. We walked along - everything felt right and natural (stress this point; it happened a lot). We, or at least I, felt a comforting presence.

Suddenly, we all felt -alive- with all the intense impulses and stimuli. We were ravenously hungry - I had some snacks to share. There was also the surging, primal awareness of sexual stimuli. At least for me.

Directly afterwards, still with that feeling, we proceeded until we suddenly beheld a glade with a pool. The urge to rush to the water was over-powering. I entered it directly, wading to my waist. The stimuli continued. The Nosferatu appeared as they apparently did pre-Embrace. There was the presence of a warm, loving, mother-type figure.

I believe it was also close to this time that we all seemed struck with a different sensation - one of threat and fear and rage. Like something was pushing through. I recall feeling like I was racing for my life on my bike, a pack of wolves chasing. Others had their own such moments. Then, it, too, passed. And we continued on - as it seemed right and natural.

Shortly thereafter it seemed most of us felt the keen interest to learn some of what Tia’s lore suggests. It was imperative that we urge her to share (at least it was for me). She grew unhappy and dismayed our interests. We then resumed our trek.

Suddenly, we were back at the vehicle. There was a cab waiting for us, and a driver. We all got in. He drove us to Copal Beach (The AIDs beach). He noted the pollution and waste, and how it was a problem. But, cleaning it wasn’t going to do much; more one had to address the issues at the heart of it. There’s no going back, he said. Then, oddly, he said to ‘tell her he’s sorry, he didn’t mean to hurt her.’ Our (or my) guess is he meant the Moon Lady. He gave off the impression of great age.

One thing that struck me as odd, and it’s likely irrelevant, but bizarre - the fare was running as he drove us. But there was no payment. Just a weird thing to notice.

Third Encounter
    The previous encounter(s) had made a major impact on me. I was developing questions and wanted to return to see if I could get some answers. A week or two later, I did. I went during the full moon, and had invited Cassie to go along, which she did.

We went back to the rock. I looked about for the Owl and sure enough, it reappeared. This time it spoke, in a woman’s voice. We discussed the nature of reality, pain, and love. Also, about Powers (she being one of them). I may have argued a bit, or been pushy; she did not appreciate it. I apologized. Wolves howled. She said things to Cassie, who was growing increasingly agitated from the howling. We finally left at high speed.

In all three encounters there was an instance when it felt like the blanket of warmth and approval was disrupted, and that something cold, hateful and full of rage tried to push through. Blasts of cold win, images of being hunted, etc. Each time, it was muffled again.

The Lady noted that there were a number of Powers out there, but only two we should concern ourselves with. Presumably, she’s one of them.

And that’s my Fort Ravenstein review.

• Hector

• @scarecrow said in Fort Ravenstein:

In all three encounters there was an instance when it felt like the blanket of warmth and approval was disrupted, and that something cold, hateful and full of rage tried to push through. Blasts of cold win, images of being hunted, etc. Each time, it was muffled again.
    The Lady noted that there were a number of Powers out there, but only two we should concern ourselves with. Presumably, she’s one of them.

Got something to add to this.

Went out to the ruins of Minos Plaza one night to point my mirror at stuff for a job. Saw what I needed to see, but when I was kinda coming back out of it, there was this sense of something watching me. Not from inside my mirror; more like something was watching me point my mirror around. It felt dark, cold, and real powerful. Kinda primal. Like a force of nature was watching me.

Haven’t been back to Minos since and haven’t felt that presence again either. But I’m wondering if it’s the one that keeps trying to interfere with the Lady’s shit.

-Cassie

• We should consider moving to secure the Cultural Quarter in which the Fort resides.

• Hector

• Bro, what are you talking about? We parked at the beach and walked foreva through a forest to get there. It ain’t the the middle of the city.

~TJ

• @zahana

Yeah, it’s remote. And big chunks of the city are wide open. My guess is it won’t be long before those chunks start getting filled, whether by us or…others.

Yeah, it’s on the edges of the city, but controlling it and the access points will help prevent complications.

• Hector

• But you said cultural quarter, which ain’t close to the beach. If we gunna set up somewhere shouldn’t it be there?

~TJ

• ((They’re the same “area” on the map. If it should be expressed differently, please advise.))

• @scarecrow (( Cultural Quarter is in Upper West side and in a developed part of the city and all touristy and stuff. From my understanding the Old Fort Branton that is there is not the same as Fort Ravenstein))