Bloodlines 2: Thinbloods...

• Hilt

I need dis.

I haven’t pre-ordered yet cuz I can’t decide whether to do PC or Xbone.

Like there’s usually a difference. Which ones gonna be gooder??

• Storytellers

@onyx said in Bloodlines 2: Thinbloods...:

Like there’s usually a difference. Which ones gonna be gooder??

It’s not a question of which one will be gooder for me. It’s about what other stuff to can I be doing while playing. Also my TV screen is bigger than my laptop screen so console will be how I will be playing.

• Storytellers

Proud Console Peasants Unite

Vive le revolucion! Down with the bourgeouisie pc master race! >: [

• Storytellers

alt text

• Storytellers

Smoking hot take:

I really don’t get the “PC master race” thing because like… these days access to a computer is practically a requirement for functioning. A console is actually something extra you can buy whereas getting a PC up for decent gaming functionality is like ‘congrats, you bought some frills for the item you already need to function in today’s society’. And the console’s primary function is still gaming.

• Storytellers

I paid like £200 for my ps4 (and I generally buy my consoles second hand, not new). My laptop is 10 years old and, while it can do basic stuff like internet and mirc it can’t run anything higher spec than a SCUMM game. A decent gaming computer would cost…a LOT more than £200.

So, for me, consoles are the cheaper option.

• Storytellers

Also I use my console to watch DVDs and netflix/amazon/etc instead of paying for a TV license or buying cable. Sure, I can watch that stuff on a laptop but when I have friends or family visiting it’s a bit more social.

• Storytellers

My point was kind of more ‘shouldn’t consoles be the “master race” if you’re buying a device mostly for gaming whereas you pretty much NEED a computer of some kind for numerous other reasons?’

• Storytellers

Not really because there’s a BIG difference between a cheap emachines blob or a little netbook or ipad (which a lot of people do their ‘computing’ from) and a machine capable of running the latest triple-A games. That difference in cost is usually more than the cost of a second-hand console.

• PC for me…mods will exist I’m sure

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

@dhampirlord said in Bloodlines 2: Thinbloods...:

PC for me…mods will exist I’m sure

And that is why PC is master race. More and easier access to mods along with graphics that are generally of higher quality and always a better frame rate than consoles. I am spoiled, 30 and 60 frames per second make my eyes bleed. Give me that 100!!

Also, I can build my computer to have a solid state drive. Load times are shrunk to nothing. I believe a recent update allows you to switch the HDD for SSD on Xbone’s. Not sure about PS4. It used to be for both systems, you ran a high risk of locking your system if you did that.

tl;dr - PC is master race because it does what the console does, but does it better.

• Storytellers

I’m pretty sure you can put an SSD on PS4. You certainly can use an external drive after an update a year or so ago, I got a shiny terabyte one ^.^

• Toreador Spine

I’ve already got a quite decent PC, but I don’t have budget for a console, so I’ve already a solution. 🙂 Is this game already on sale?

@syn ps5 is going to have an ssd

@nik The PS5 is going to be an absolute beast of a machine. After looking at the specs and working in the computer hardware manufacturing world… If this thing comes out next year if it doesn’t cost over $1,000 then they are losing a shit ton of money on it haha

• Storytellers

They almost always make a loss on consoles, and have done for decades. People wouldn’t buy them if they had to pay actual cost (There was outrage when the PS3 was announced to initially cost $499-599 to consumers at launch even though Sony was making a substantial loss even at that price) The companies make up the loss into a nice tidy profit on peripherals and 1st party games - or at least they do if things work out well.

They’re one of the classic definitions of a loss-leader 😄

• Storytellers

Also I’m hype AF for the PS5. So much excite. Will probably have to wait a year or two for the price to come down/second hand ones proliferate but I can’t wait ^.^ Am thirst for deets and previews.

• Hilt

Like I get that everyone says Sony creates superior machines. I do. And when they tell me why I’m all “yeah that does sound like an objectively superior console.”

But the PS controllers are impossible for me. The xbox controllers work fairly intuitively for me, so I stick to that brand.