Reporting an Oddity

• I’m not sure that this belongs here, but since there’s a connect-the-dots quality to it drawing us straight to the Moon Lady and the Garden, I figured I’d mention. I don’t know what else to make of it.

It has not rained or snowed at night in Branton since the night of the Earthquake (February 3rd). Rain has only fallen during certain hours of the day ::insert hours:: This is peculiar, to say the least. And yet, vegetation and crops aren’t affected. This in no way matches any previous records that I could find (which doesn’t make it definitive).

Humidity has been high quite frequently; I’ve checked. For a port city, this is certainly no surprise, and it often reaches into 90% - which should all but guarantee at least some rain…especially at night, when temperatures drop.

As I said, this has been the state of things since the Earthquake, which either heralded or was caused by actions impacting the Garden and the Lady, which of course brings us to here.

I got nothing else on this.

• Hector

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

That is indeed strange. I’ll see if I can find anything in regards to this.

• Lane

• Storytellers

it hasn’t rained at night since the earthquake and when it does rain it’s only between noon and 4pm or thereabouts. This is almost the mirror image to the Louisiana city of New Corsica where it rains almost always, particularly at night.

• T

• Storytellers

Although, interestingly, Hurricane Katrina missed New Corsica entirely despite devastating surrounding regions.

• T

• Storytellers

y’all remember months ago when Lane was talking about how it rained all the time in that New Corsica place and I said it ain’t rained here in weeks?

Dat still true,

~TJ

• Last night Anjelique tried to come by the market again. Said she felt people thinking about her. Some folks weren’t happy she was around and it made her feel cold. Long story short, she said she was gonna leave 'cause she kept making people upset instead of helping 'em and that’s not what she’s here for. She walked off and kinda faded out until she vanished.

Couple minutes later the rain started. Texted Felicia and she said she had a migraine and wasn’t typing too good either.

Thinking Anjelique mighta left for good and losing her’s hurt the Lady somehow.

-Cassie

• Storytellers

The reports that I’m getting is that Anjelique never came inta the Night Market and that it was ya that was was talkin to her. So What The Fuck Did You Say To Her Cassie?

~TJ

• Before Anjelique showed up, there was a huddle outside talking 'bout her and whether she could be trusted or not. Think it was Helena, Orson, Xaigas, and Masha when I showed up. Xaigas was claiming I’d said I “smelled green” on Chester or some shit. Never got green vibes off him and never said I did. I told 'em so, and Orson and Xaigas started getting in each other’s faces. Conner showed up 'round then. Xaigas left and Conner and Orson went inside the market. Masha left, then Anjelique showed up.

Anjelique said she’d been drawn 'cause people were thinking ‘bout her. She wanted to head into the market. Given what happened last time she went in there and who was already inside, me and Helena tried to talk her out of it. Explained it’s a private place for our kind and folks get upset if she goes in there. We offered to talk to her outside and I tried giving her my phone number so she could call when she feels drawn to our meetin’ places and talk to us outside instead. Xaigas came back and walked past us into the market while we were talking. Francisco too. Hector showed up and talked to her with me and Helena, trying to explain why some folks made her cold even though she wants to help. Helena asked her for a blood sample, said it would help folks understand her and not be scared of her. We tried to explain why some folks weren’t happy that she made 'em happy, and she seemed sad when she heard that.

Anjelique seemed to get real sad at that point. Said she was just makin’ folks cold and that wasn’t what she was sent here to do. Said she’d come back to us despite folks being mean to her and folks wanting to eat her. She started walkin’ away. We asked her to stay, but she kept goin’ and vanished. Rain started not long after.

-Cassie

• I came to the market and Helena and Cassie were talking with Anjelique. Inside were Frank, Conner and Xaigas (or was it Orson? The Three Furry Stooges blend together). They were collaborating on gang stuff.

I know the latter two have been hostile to the idea of feeling happy, and the people who cause it. And Frank is a killer. Anjelique has said she’s drawn to where people gather. The market seems to be such a place.

I don’t know if it was just the three of them in there, or Cass and Helena as well, or even more. Nor do I know if there was anyone else there. And neither do you, TJ. You got reports, I got reports, we all got reports. 'course, nobody shares who gives 'em., so I only repeated what I actually saw.

Not all my blood is as suave and brilliant as I am. I’ve talked to the three of them, and there’s been a general hostility. They’ve been twisting things into the worst possible way - likening her to an “Elder Prince”, as if they’ve hobnobbed frequently with Cam Elders. I’ve tried laying some wisdom on them, tried getting them to keep their minds open and also cool their jets way the hell down. They seem to disregard it.

Now they gotta account for it. I dunno if they’re the only ones - probably not. The world’s full of stupid Licks, and some of 'em are in this city. And for many of us, “being happy” doesn’t wear well, and makes folks uncomfortable.

• Hector

• Storytellers

As Cassie confirmed from what my crew who was there. Anjelique never came inside and never spoke wit any of the 3 stooges as ya call 'em. Cause Cassie stopped her from going inside so Anjelique never had a chance ta talk wit them and square shit away wit them. Since Cassie decided never ta let them speak it was her words that Anjelique heard and it was her words that pissed her off. It was her words that drove Anjelique away. Cause it wasn’t enough for ya to snitch on members of this coterie was it Cassie? Ya had to go and fuck over the whole fucking city.

~TJ

• Last time Anjelique went into the market, Orson damn near frenzied. He had to leave when she came to the Parliament meeting. And he was already riled up from shit with Xaigas. Conner’s also made it damn clear he doesn’t trust her. And everybody got upset about her showing up in the night market outta the blue. You think I should have sat on my ass and said nothing while she strolled in there? Think that was gonna end well?

I know you’re pissed with me TJ, but don’t try to pretend I’m the problem here. Notice you think I single-handedly chased her off, even though Helena was talking to her right along with me and was the one asking for her blood.

Problem is folks being so hostile to her. She can feel it when we don’t trust her, says it makes her cold. She showed up at the market that first time and one of the stooges made a smart remark about her being snack Emmeric brought along. First words outta her mouth when she came to Parliament? “Don’t eat me.” She’s come to us trying to help and bringing us feelings of happiness, and folks are saying she violated their minds by doin’ it.

She wasn’t pissed when she left, she was -sad-. She’s trying to help and can feel it’s just makin’ us cold instead. That’s not what she’s here to do. If we wanna have any chance at fixin’ this, we gotta get folks to accept her gifts and give her at least a shred of trust.

-Cassie

• Storytellers

Helena ain’t part of this discussion cause she ain’t part of this group. But how about you worry bout how your words ta someone connected wit the Lady ran her off, fucking caused the rain to come, and fucked over Felicia. Or did you even bother see how she was before ya ran off to the park to try an find Chester.

~TJ

• I texted Felicia once it started raining. Confirmed she had Lane with her and was safe when she said she had a migraine. Then I went looking for Chester.

And whether or not somebody’s part of the group doesn’t decide whether they’re part of the discussion. Whether they got something to do with what’s being discussed does. We’re worried what was said to her outside the market’s why Anjelique left? Well, me and Helena were the ones doing most of the talking. So we’re both part of that discussion.

If you wanna air personal shit with me TJ, you got my number. This isn’t the place for our drama.

-Cassie

• Storytellers

This is exactly the place for this drama caused this is now the 3rd time your actions have gone against members of this group or the reason the group exist and your bullshit has gone too far. Where you gunna tell anyone it was you and Helena that spoke wit her or let shit slide and not mention it was YOU that kept her out the Night Market, YOU that spoke for you others instead of giving her the chance to talk and explain herself, if I hadn’t heard from Frank and Conner that they just saw her in passing and had no clue she wanted ta come inside and talk.

Ya already ran your mouth on two members of this group that we know of ta Aidan. I still kept ya name out of it when ya said I flipped when you was still lying ta me in ya failed apology and tried running my name through the dirt cause I ain’t gunna talk shit in public about members of this group. I can’t trust ya and you’ve proven your word don’t mean shit. And since we ain’t been able ta get together and speak on it when I tried to call a meeting this is exactly the place to address that you keep fucking over members of this coterie.

~TJ

• The folks in this group I ran my mouth on-I assume you mean you and Tucker? TJ, I’ve already said that I fucked up by talking to Aidan about you. I’m sorry. What I told Aidan had absolutely nothing to do with this coterie or it’s goals.

I didn’t expect Aidan to show up and fucking stab Tucker in the middle of the market in front of everybody. I assumed he’d call the guy out on being a dick in the Book like he did over the mask-dropping thing in The Collective. I assumed wrong.

I wasn’t trying to run your name through the dirt. People saw me run out of the room, saw you come out pissed, and asked me what was up. I told 'em I fucked up trying to apologize and got you so mad you almost frenzied. What exactly should I have told them instead? How’s it dragging a rabble’s name through the mud to say “I pissed off a Brujah and he got close to the edge but didn’t lose his shit”? The fault there’s pretty clearly on me, not the Lick I got wound up.

I told you the truth when I tried to apologize and you didn’t believe it. If Tia’s got a truth spell, I’d be down for letting her cast it on me and then making my apology again if that’s what it takes.

-Cassie

• Storytellers

It doesn’t matter what Aidan did. That isn’t the fucking point. YOU still betrayed Tucker a member of this group to an outsider. Even if you are really dumb enough to think that he wasn’t going to do anythin after he had already come back at Tucker and Helena you still betrayed me. You lied to and betrayed members of this coterie. And when called out on it you doubled down and lied again until you couldn’t lie no more. You ain’t sorry you did it. You sorry ya ass got caught. You are a fucking traitor and don’t deserve to a part of this thing. I’ve said my piece. I will not remain in a group that will have a known traitor in it. The ball wit the rest of y’all.

~TJ

• If the group wants me to leave, I’ll leave. But I’ll keep serving the Lady.

You want to put a truth spell on me and ask about my loyalty or my regrets? Go for it. I’d be willing to let someone in the group use mind control to make sure my answers are honest if a spell’s off the table.

I did you wrong TJ. I got no grudge against you and I sure as hell don’t want to see this thing fall apart or lose folks. When I went to the Garden, the Lady told me to stop screwing around with personal grudges and focus on the big picture. So I made my peace with Emmeric and apologized for the shit I put him through.

I want to make things right with you, TJ. But I don’t know how. I’m not asking to be your friend again; I’ve lost that right. But can we at least co-operate until the green and the dead have been stopped?

-Cassie

• Update on the Anjelique situation:
    Tia, Masha, Vincent, Bettie, Emmeric, and me did a ritual. We were able to contact Anjelique and apologize for folks being cold and mean. We told her that while we can’t speak for everybody in town, there’s folks here that want her back and welcome her help. On whether she’d come back, she said she “had to ask,” then faded out again. The rain got a little lighter after she left. Emmeric said he can hear her again; apparently she can talk to him some in his head and had stopped after leaving.

So now it looks like we’re waiting on her.

-Cassie

• Sought out the Lady tonight, hoping I wasn’t presuming too much. Diana and I went to the moon-shaped crevass from the Earthquake that’s found in the trailer park.

We were lucky - she appeared again. Around this time the rain started letting up. Talked a bit, she listened. Made apologies for my lack of understanding, asked after Anjelique, asked how to help, etc. Anjelique I guess is okay. And I heard she showed back up at or near the Night Market.

Then she flew away (as the owl), saying only, “Protect…watch. He is coming.”

Reported this to the Leadership council as well. It confirms what we suspected. Saw Tia and Cass and we agreed that we have a plan in place, and until we learn or are told more, to stick to it. At the very least it’ll keep folks sharp and focused.

• Hector