Turf Disambiguation: Chasse, Lien, Portillion

• Hilt

It was noted that these are being merged here. Not separate like in the books. But still 3 backgrounds. Please unconfuse me.

They’re merged?
    They’re three?
    Are they the Holy Trinity?

James

• The three still exist. However, in order to buy Chasse (which confers the feeding benefits etc), you have to have Portillon and Lien at that level.

So to buy Chasse 1, you’d have to have Port and Lien at 1 prior.

Same for level 2 etc.

• Apologies to James for hijacking his thread but this brings up a question I have been mulling over all morning.

How will the STs handle experience expenditures towards Chasse, Lien and Portillon? Does each member in the coterie have to buy a point of each or do they contribute X number of experience points towards them?

• Storytellers

Does Chasse 1 require it’s own purchase or does it just occur when the others are met?

Follow up, does anything else need to be purchased in addition to Lien and Port?

• @zahana You have to buy Chasse just like Lien and Portillon. As to your second question, it is possible you may have to buy additional Allies/Contacts in addition to Lien and Portillon in order to unlock the option to buy Chasse.

• @jess said in Turf Disambiguation: Chasse, Lien, Portillion:

How will the STs handle experience expenditures towards Chasse, Lien and Portillon? Does each member in the coterie have to buy a point of each or do they contribute X number of experience points towards them?

Hi, apologies for reviving an old thread, but this question has come up recently with a couple of us feeling like we’ve been given conflicting answers.

So, for clarity, can Coterie mates combine xp expenditures to build up their turf?

Ex. Michael’s PC offers 2 xps and JoJo’s PC offers 1 xp to buy one dot - is this permissible? Or does one person have to pay the entire load? Or, everyone in the Coterie offers 1 xp for a major improvement.

Follow-up: I’m guessing the answer to this, but just to verify: If you wish to raise something from, say, Rank 2 to Rank 3…does this cost 9 xps for (Rank 3 x 3), or 3 xps because it’s just one dot? (I assume the former)

Thanks!

• Hector

• Storytellers

That one is my bad! I had been confused O: You can’t combine to purchase a single dot. You can combine dots but not xp. So, for instance, you could buy Haven 1 and i could buy Haven 2 and Shaka Zulu could buy Haven Security 1…but we couldn’t put 1xp each for a dot of Haven Watchmen or whatever.

And Advantages are a flat 3xp per dot. If you have rank 2 of Haven already and wish to purchase rank 3 - that’s 3xp. It’s 9xp total to purchase Ranks 1, 2, and 3.

Hope that makes a bit more sense, and apologies for the confusion!

• @syn

No worries at all! That’s good news, actually, for the second part.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Hector