Helper Guide

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

Helper Guide!

When a new PC arrives from #approvals, please do the following:

– Link them first to the New Player Primer on the wiki, and ask them to read through it thoroughly.

– After they have read it, go through the following sections, and ask them to complete a few steps to verify they have an understanding of the server, the setting, and what we expect from our players. You may copy/paste the following:

Now that you’ve read through our primer, I’'ll be quizzing you on some of the things that are in it. This is to make sure that we’re all on the same page, and we can get you on your way to RP. Let me know when you’re ready.

–Once they verify they are, move on to the following questions:

::You and/or your ghouls just got finish setting up your new place. Finally you are ready to sit down and relax. Using the two ways to emote, have your character walk across the room and sit on the couch.:: – /me is one, ::Sits down:: is another.
    ::After relaxing for a little while, that ceaseless hunger is gnawing at you again. You decide to hit the streets for a tasty bloody snack. Normally you will PM this to Archon, but for right now please post in this channel your feeding roll. Remember to include your district and the modifiers!:: – They should give an example that includes a district and a modifier.
    ::After your delicious meal, you decide to check out the only place in town you know that Kindred gather: The Elysium. Please tell us what channels you go through to get there.::
    ::When you arrive, at the Elysium you find it quiet and empty. That’s okay, sunrise is soon anyway, and you decide to head back to your haven. On the way there you decide to call an ally from the city you were last in and let them know you arrived in the new city. In this channel, please give an example of how a phone call would go.((I will play the part of your ally)):: – :💍: and

and all that. - explain voicemails and the option of leaving messages on the forums as voicemails.
    Make sure they know about the Watchmen

– Once that’s done, give them the city info: Prince and Seneschal name and clans. Their Primogen name and that they’d have their number. Remind them that they should call them. They’d know where Elysium is. If they’re playing a clan with other authority figures, they’d know them too. Please note: Tremere would know the Regent. Ventrue would know the Praetor or Lictor. Gangrel would NOT know the Alpha until they are introduced in game. Please use common sense when letting them know about Whips - if the Primogen has been out of contact for a while due to OOC circumstances, by all means, they know they should contact the Whip, to make their entry into the game smooth.

Things to do after:

Link them to the Staff Announcements Quick Reference Guide - an easy way to browse through the staff announcements, and stress that that forum is important.
    Ask them to apply to the clan and Camarilla (if applicable) user groups on the forum.
    Have them set a description before going ic. Show them examples via the !describe command.
    Remind them that they can join #ooc if they haven’t already.

• Storytellers

NEW AND IMPROVED (probably still needs improvements)

Helper Guide!

– Link them first to the New Player Primer on the wiki, and ask them to read through it thoroughly.

– After they have read it, go through the following sections, and ask them to complete a few steps to verify they have an understanding of the server, the setting, and what we expect from our players. You may copy/paste the following:

Now that you’ve read through our primer, I’ll be quizzing you on some of the things that are in it. This is to make sure that we’re all on the same page, and we can get you on your way to RP. Let me know when you’re ready.

::You and/or your ghouls just got finish setting up your new place. Finally you are ready to sit down and relax. Using the two ways to emote, have your character walk across the room and sit on the couch.:: – /me is one, ::Sits down:: is another.
    ::After relaxing for a little while, that ceaseless hunger is gnawing at you again. You decide to hit the streets for a tasty bloody snack. Normally you will do this in #hunting, but please give an example of a feeding roll, defining district, predator type, hunger, and resonance.::
    ::After your delicious meal, you decide to check out the only place in town you know that Kindred gather: The Night Market. Please tell us what channels you go through to get there today (its location changes nightly).::
    ::When you arrive, at the Night Market you find it quiet and empty. That’s okay, sunrise is soon anyway, and you decide to head back to your haven. On the way there you decide to call an ally from the city you were last in and let them know you arrived in the new city. In this channel, please give an example of how a phone call would go.((I will play the part of your ally)):: - – ::ringring:: and

and all that. - explain voicemails and the option of leaving messages on the forums as voicemails.
    Make sure they know about the Watchmen

-Once that’s done, tell them they know how to find the Night Market and they know Mr. Johnson is an influential kindred who they should hint hint, wink wink talk to.

-Ask them to join the Unbound group (unless they’re Caitiff or Thin-Blooded)

-Show them how to set a description

-Have them setup an ST chat: http://forums.sanguinus.org/topic/48/chatting-to-staff/6

-remind them they can chat in #ooc, and the no IC in the OOC rule

• Storytellers

should we add a line having them do their nightly rouse check?

• We might also want to add a “Do not ping Archon” warning.

Very good idea

Make it so my lovelies. Also- don’t forget for right now they still know where the nightmarkets uhm…were. lol. we’ll give it another few days then change to informing da n00bs about the Crucible and any place we set up in the meantime.

y’all have permissions to edit on the wiki too so if you want to go in and update the primer there, go for it.

• Storytellers

added rouse check and do not ping archon lines

Helper Guide!

– Link them first to the New Player Primer on the wiki, and ask them to read through it thoroughly. http://wiki.sanguinus.org/index.php/New_Player_Primer

Now that you’ve read through our primer, I’ll be quizzing you on some of the things that are in it. This is to make sure that we’re all on the same page, and we can get you on your way to RP. Let me know when you’re ready.

::You just woke up for the night. Please roll a rouse check to wake up::
    ::After relaxing for a little while, that ceaseless hunger is gnawing at you again. You decide to hit the streets for a tasty bloody snack. Normally you will do this in #hunting, but please give an example of a feeding roll, defining district, predator type, hunger, and resonance.::
    ::After your delicious meal, you decide to check out the only place in town you know that Kindred gather: The Night Market. Please tell us what channels you go through to get there today (its location changes nightly).::
    ::When you arrive, at the Night Market you find it quiet and empty. That’s okay, sunrise is soon anyway, and you decide to head back to your haven. On the way there you decide to call an ally from the city you were last in and let them know you arrived in the new city. In this channel, please give an example of how a phone call would go.((I will play the part of your ally)):: - – ::ringring:: and

-Make sure they know about the Watchmen

-Do Not Ping Archon

-Ask them to join the Crucible group (unless they’re Caitiff or Thin-Blooded)

-Have them setup an ST chat: http://forums.sanguinus.org/topic/48/chatting-to-staff/3

-Show them how to set a description

-Once that’s done, tell them they know how to find the Night Market.

-remind them they can chat in #ooc, and the no IC in the OOC rule

• Are we still using the Unbound forum group?

Yes, it’s now called crucible