Additional Predator Types

• The ooc thread about predator types got me thinking about that notion of the guilt-wracked person who always tries not to feed and therefore ends up always feeding by Frenzy. This of course leads me to ponder additional Predator Types. I often think others should be possible, and wondered if y’all had had similar musings.

• Anorexic-Bulimic Frenzy Feeder

It’s an interesting little paradox, since it stems from high Humanity, but if practiced for very long leads to very low Humanity.

Was thinking stats might be along these lines. Please note that these stats are only for those who practice it long-term.

• -2 Humanity
      • 1 Composure
    • +1 to either Potence or Fortitude
    • Add specialty of either Brawl (Grappling) or Subterfuge (pretending not to be ravenously hungry).
    • Add Flaw-- Mask (Known Blankbody)
    • Add Flaw-- Fame (Infamy–Masquerade Breacher)
    • Cannot take the Vegan flaw.
    • Cannot take the Prey Exclusion Flaw.
    • Ventrue who select this Predator type suffer an additional -2 to Humanity, as their killing sprees must go through many more mortals before they land on a victim that satisfies their hunger.
    • Thinbloods who select this Predator type also gain the Flaw “Totally Bloodhunted And Fated to Die In The First Two Sessions.”

Thoughts? Obviously I’m not suggesting that a player could or should ever be approved with this particular one. Mostly a thought experiment. You’ll notice that I didn’t even try to balance it, since it’s not a sustainable type. You’re basically taking Dark Fate.

• That should say
    "+1 Composure."

Weird typo.

• Unbound

Seems a litle bit too niche to me.

I actually had thought of one too:

Alleycat variant (sorry can’t think of a better name):

You prey on those who have been rejected by society. Perhaps you promise monetary compensation to local prostitutes or perhaps you feed on the homeless. Maybe you patiently wait until the street are empty to slake your thirst on that beggar.

• Add a specialty: Streetwise (Bribery) or Stealth (Ambush)
    • Gain one dot of Dominate or Obfuscate
    • Spend two dots between Ressources and Herd advantages
    • Gain either the Influence Flaw: (•) Disliked (street) or Dark Secret Flaw: (•) Odious/Indebted.

• Unbound

Predator type for Ancillae or older: “Make the Minions Handle It.”

You’re too old and too important to be expected to handle trivial things like feeding yourself on a nightly basis. You have your ghouls/retainers/minions get their hands dirty instead. So long as there’s warm blood ready when you need it, you don’t both with the details of where it came from.

• Gain a dot of Presence or Dominate
    • Gain three dots of Retainer
    • Gain Flaw “Lazy Bastard”

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

Much of this depends on skills too. Dom and presence make for better skillsets in the areas we may personally think we lack

• If you kept a bunch of animals on a farm or kennel or the like, and fed from them, woukd that count as Farmer or Cleaver? A Clarmer? A Feaver?

• Unbound

@onyx said in Additional Predator Types:

If you kept a bunch of animals on a farm or kennel or the like, and fed from them, woukd that count as Farmer or Cleaver? A Clarmer? A Feaver?

A true monster, for betraying the trust of your doggo family!

• A mortician ‘recycling’ his customer’s blood while embalming them can be considered a bagger?

• @biteymcbitesalot said in Additional Predator Types:

@onyx said in Additional Predator Types:

If you kept a bunch of animals on a farm or kennel or the like, and fed from them, woukd that count as Farmer or Cleaver? A Clarmer? A Feaver?

A true monster, for betraying the trust of your doggo family!

Famulus doggo on a pig/sheep farm who shepherds them for you. 🐶 🐕

• I’ve got it.

The Confidant:
    This person feeds by going up to friends and saying they’re gonna whisper a secret to them, and then biting their ear and sucking.

Gain the specialty of either Laundry (Crafts) or Surprises (Subterfuge).

Gain one dot of either Presence or Celerity.
    Add 1-3 dots, spent how you choose between Allies and Herd. ((Either way, these are the folks. You feed from)).
    Gain an equal number dots in Dark Secret and Infamy flaws, at least 1 of which must be Dark Secret: Lame Feeding Habit. If the Cainites of your city find out, expect ridicule.