Question about a ban?

• Hi, I just joined the server yesterday, and I received a message that I was permanently banned from the server? I’d just like an explanation of why I was banned without warning. I don’t think I was being rude or inappropriate, and I hadn’t even started playing. I’d just like to know what I did that warranted a permanent ban.

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

If you are Hydra710, you were banned because you have been warned repeatedly about idling and I have personally /killed you off the server almost everytime I have signed on. Sometimes you were days idle. Sometimes you were idle on more than one nick.

My staff has informed me they have told you several times to not idle.

So, you were given warning.

If you wish to join the game and can keep from idling, I will reinstate you.

• Um, no I’m not Hydra710. I was Hold_the_Relish (or Chloe). I couldn’t have been on the server for days because I joined yesterday night. I think I did make a mistake about idling…I’m really sorry, I made the mistake. But I didn’t get a warning before the permanent ban?

• I can confirm that Chloe only showed up last night!

• I really do apologize for idling…I’m not used to leaving servers, but I think that it’s a fair rule for a game of this size. I just wish the consequence wasn’t so permanent for a first-time mistake.

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

Well, you can blame Hydra710 for your ban. You are both using the same IRC service and hence you got banned as well. I will remove the ban.

But I have had it with the idling, people.

• Oh, okay! I’m sorry, I’ll try not to do it again.