Discussion: The Third Flower

• Storytellers

Placeholder. This is a place for discussing The Third Flower.

• T

• Storytellers

Charm - can you find out where The Third Flower’s donations come from? It would be interesting to know who exactly is funding them.

• T

• Hilt

@karix said in File: The Third Flower:

One source provided much more detail:

Would you be willing to provide the source so that we can look into them?

Anja.

• Storytellers

I have moved your discussion here. Because this is the discussion thread. Don’t clutter the file with dialogue.

• T

• Storytellers

Speaking of, Anja, you say they recently moved from New York. Do you mean the entire group literally upped sticks and moved as a group? Do they live together? Because that is some cult-commune shit and positions the group a little differently if true. Please elaborate on what you meant.

• T

• Hilt

@syn said in Discussion: The Third Flower:

Speaking of, Anja, you say they recently moved from New York. Do you mean the entire group literally upped sticks and moved as a group? Do they live together?

• T

New York:

• I don’t have evidence to support or refute that conclusion at this time.
    • My impression (caveat caveat caveat) is that a small number moved here from an NYC group and are trying to establish another club.
    • It was a singular, small hit regarding New York. It might have been that the laptop running the listserve pinged there or something. ((Dude it is miles and miles of text up in chambers, so I have no idea)).

• Hilt

Group: The Third Flower
    Core Leadership Profile:

• At Presentation-- Two leaders were present, Casey amd Micky. Young white boy and girl.
    • During an IRC meeting-- Three usernames were present. alternateroad06, athena_storm92, and TTIOT.
    • Further, cracking the listserve was easy. They clicked on the unsubscribe link in a phony spam email and thus gave up their password.
    • However, when I presented a link to them in the irc that contained a Trojan program, they had enough of a firewall to detect that.
    • They presented as being very worried that I might be “working for an acronym.” This may be genuine (and well founded) paranoia on their part, or may indicate that they are such an acronym.

Conclusion: Their leadership displays a curious combination of naivete and skill. Further investigation is required to sift through this.

Recommendation: I intend to look into these usernames on the off chance that they’ve left a trail with these usernames. The usernames might provide insight into their psyches, though they may be smokescreens as well.

Anja.

• Hilt

There’s no point looking into the source. I can tell you now it’ll be a waste of time.

-DL

• A list of donors is filed with a 990 Form. This information is not available for public inspection when dealing with non-profits. In the future, we would be able to get a list of donors to private foundations and political organizations.

This means that trying to learn who has donated to The Third Flower can be challenging. However, some nonprofits thank their donors, particularly major donors in annual reports, email newsletters or on their web site. I would caution that these donor lists may not be comprehensive or indicate the donation amount.
    ~Charm

• Storytellers

Still, it’s a potential lead to chase down. Can you and Anja run this lead through it’s course?

Alternatively is there any way to find this information illegitimately? How would you go about doing so?

• T

• There is a gray area legally. The group could be tempted to sell their donor’s list to another non-profit. However a paranoid group might be adverse to this idea.
    Darker gray, a donor list may be in the database of their server. Accessing that information without permission is Anja’s alley.
    Jet Black: Gaining physical access to hard copy records via entering their office.

~Charm

• Storytellers

My vote is for the darker gray option.

• T

• Hilt

Darker Gray: Not possible at present. They were smart enough to have absolutely nothing on the computer that does their listserve other than the email of that specific email address. Pursuing this kind of angle further will require the in-person meeting and an info gift. That I mentioned at the meeting.

Anja.

• Hilt

I can do jet black.

I’d want some company though. Do we have an actual location to hit?

DL

• Storytellers

Depending on when/if we decide to do Jet Black I might be able to help out if given adequate time to prepare. Not my strongest suit, though. Seems like a Charm thing.

-Earl

• Storytellers

We don’t have a location yet. Unless one is listed in the details of the non-profit registration, or somewhere in their online presence.

• T

• We could target the cafe but not sure if they would keep records there.
    ~Charm

• Storytellers

The cafe very well could have been a one-off event they were allowed to do so as to gain followers without disclosing a permanent location.

-Earl

• Hilt

Surely they have a mailing address listed somewhere? Let’s send them a letter of introduction from a newly created donor ID (thank Anya) and go from there.

-DL

• Storytellers

Why don’t you share the vlog/log feeds here instead of solely with Anja?

• T