Goals

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

I’d rather keep this discussion on an OOC level, because I feel it can be more open and direct and thusly get done faster. Securing the turf and training are obvious candidates and should be included, but as we can have multiple goals at every interval of time, lets have more than just that! Suggest away, friends!

• How does the Blade feel about the Hilt calling dibs on parts of the south side? Would gaining control of Seven Points/Holy Hill be viable goals?

What about trying to chip away at/undermine the Tower’s control over it’s territory?

• Storytellers

A strategy for securing turf as there’s a couple of ways that it can go.

• Focus on building in Leonard Towers and let the development there carry over into other parts of the territory. Basically picking one spot and building it up big first in a small section.

• Rotate territory, build up Leonard, then Industrial Park, Correctional Facility, Southside, repeat. Building in all areas but at a slower rate.

• Brian, Angelo has 6XP spent in Seven Points for his time in Unshackled, how does that XP work now that he isn’t staying there?

• Storytellers

@aarkon said in Goals:

Brian, Angelo has 6XP spent in Seven Points for his time in Unshackled, how does that XP work now that he isn’t staying there?

I think the easiest way would be to transfer like xp spent if possible. So TJ had gotten an allie and could just relocate him to Leonard Towers. The Lien TJ spent xp on could also be moved by saying it’s a gang that he’s having moved. This is just a suggestion but basically anything bought for prior coteries (with the exception of haven) could just be transferred as is.

• some of my points were spent in Haven 😞

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

@aarkon said in Goals:

Brian, Angelo has 6XP spent in Seven Points for his time in Unshackled, how does that XP work now that he isn’t staying there?

That is something staff is still trying to work out. We have a few options on the table and are carefully going through them to see what we might want to do. Stay tuned!

• Will do!

• Storytellers

Bumping this cause it kinda got off track

@brain said in Goals:

… Securing the turf…

This can one can be short, medium, and long depending on how detail we want to go and how territory ends up being done as was brought up last night (ie will purchases be limited to a specific sector like Leonard Towers or for all territory Blade holds). Even then it could be all level 1 (Chasse, Lien, Portillon, Contacts, Allies) as short, all level 2/3 medium, 4+ long. This could also include branching out into some sectors in Uptown (Academy of Beauty and Trade and possibly Mason’s Square) once a certain level has been secure for currently held territory.

@brain said in Goals:

…training…

Train in general I think works better as a Tenet (Always work to improve our skills). As a goal it works better with specific targets such as “everyone should be proficient in at least 1 form of combat (hand to hand, melee, ranged) and/or 1 non-combat (stealth, investigation, tracking, etc)” could be a short term if it’s structured as coterie members working together to improve each other. Medium and Long term goals could always expand on that (everyone is proficient at all forms of combat/valuable non-combat or everyone should be expert/master at 1) Cross training in certain discipline powers of value could also be a goal of some sort.

@biteymcbitesalot said in Goals:

…Would gaining control of Seven Points/Holy Hill be viable goals?

TJ would be against actively attempting to take turf from other coteries and would prefer any expansion goals to be in unclaimed territory (medium?), then later into Camarilla territory, he would not be opposed if they were pushed out if Blade was able to obtain Chasse 4 per Nik’s post here

@biteymcbitesalot said in Goals:

What about trying to chip away at/undermine the Tower’s control over it’s territory?

Of course! How do you want to accomplish this? Taking over turf? Chipping away at there influences, resources, other mortal relations? Finding the peons of the Tower and making them disappear? Infiltrating them and turning them against each other? (okay probably not that one but if you really want we can discuss it) I’m open to any of them as they all would work towards the “Fuck The Tower” tenet I suggested. Taking over Tower Turf could be wrapped into a similar goal related to expansion of turf. At this point, I would think any goal dealing with the Camarilla should be considered a long term one.

We can refine what I wrote into more definitive goals. Personally I think we should work on getting some goals set before adding new goals but if any one has anything else that they want to contribute to the corterie’s goals I’m open for discussion.

• I think we need to secure and increase our current position in the city before thinking of expanding the territory, if we expand to fast we will be weak. We need show the rest that the Blades are nothing to mess with and how we can keep the peace and punish fools.

• Storytellers

@zeke said in Goals:

I think we need to secure and increase our current position in the city before thinking of expanding the territory, if we expand to fast we will be weak. We need show the rest that the Blades are nothing to mess with and how we can keep the peace and punish fools.

Expansion, if that is a goal we decide on, would be contingent on achieving another goal(s) of securing and increasing the current position.

• Getting the turf ratings up to 2 or 3 for all areas seems like a good medium-term goal. 1-dot rankings doesn’t really seem “secure” to the point a coterie in a contested city could consider it solidly held and safe from Cammie attacks.

I’d be down for “Always work to improve our skills” as a Tenet. I’m guessing most of the characters in the Blade are already proficient in at least one type of combat, so that might not work for a short-term goal. “Proficient/competent in all forms of combat” might work, if people don’t mind spending so much XP on combat skills that might feel a bit redundant.

For taking turf from the Tower, probably a process of identifying their contacts/influences, then making people disappear/flipping them/destroying things/sabotaging mortal ties/etc.