Paradox partnership with Modiphus release schedule

• Full press release here

TLDR version

• re-edited Anarch and Camarilla shipping in late January for web orders and early March for retail. *

• The Fall of London V5 Chronicle (Summer 2019)

• V5 Players Guide (Summer 2019)

• V5 Starter Set - (Christmas 2019)

• The Second Inquisition (Summer 2020)

*According this White Wolf Blog Post “Once all existing pre-order commitments are finished, both the Camarilla and Anarch books will no longer be available for sale in print or in digital form.” Not sure what this means as it contradicts the Modiphus press release.

• alt text

• At first I thought they just meant white wolf involvement with these book will be over after the pre-order are fulfilled but re-reading this a few times it seems pretty clear the books are only meant for those who pre-ordered and will not be available for those who did not.

Super strange decision. Hope it did not have an influence in the fact that the Sabbat book has yet to be given a release date. (Post 2020 ?)

Maybe the players guide will have the rules to play the Banu Haquim and the Ministry otherwise they are going to be very elitists clans. 😌

• Not going to lie, I’m a bit frustrated by the “only by pre-order” choice it sounds like they are making. V5 seems alright and I might be interested in seeing more books, but I don’t pre-order. Leaves people SOL for no apparent reason unless WW is thinking that these books will otherwise lose money. Which says something else entirely.

• Storytellers

I believe they’re still allowing orders on Modiphius and other retailers. They ordered stock in advance, they’ll want to sell them, and the press release said retail commitments were bein fulfilled. So, order asap if you want the physical. Once that print run is sold out from the retail orders that were made, then there’ll be no more, from what I read of it.

• @isaac – I’m not a fan of the pre ordering either. It’s hard to pre order when you’re not sure about your next paycheck/etc.
    MEH

• @isaac said in Paradox partnership with Modiphus release schedule:

Not going to lie, I’m a bit frustrated by the “only by pre-order” choice it sounds like they are making. V5 seems alright and I might be interested in seeing more books, but I don’t pre-order. Leaves people SOL for no apparent reason unless WW is thinking that these books will otherwise lose money. Which says something else entirely.

at least for the moment, it appears that you can still get the PDF from the Modiphus V5 page here

• I’ll save up and see what I can do then. Thanks!

• Storytellers

Again, you can still also order the physical copy from Modiphius, if that’s what you want. Just don’t leave it too late. When they say pre-orders they mean both consumer and retailer pre-orders.

• Hilt Unbound

Rather interested in the notion if a Fall of London sourcebook.

• I’m hopeful that the Player’s Guide will have some good content (clans, give me more clans), though I’m bewildered by the decision to make the next big thematic sourcebook about The Second Inquisition of all things.

• Hilt

I just want the PDF of the Anarch book but it says it’s sold out and won’t let me buy it.

And if you read another page on their site it says that PDFs are only being release for people who have pre-orders… I’m so confused

• Back when I was a kid… …we used to… …I’ll tell you what! Books were books. ::Followed by an incomprehensible rant about a series of tubes.::

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

@syzygy said in Paradox partnership with Modiphus release schedule:

I’m hopeful that the Player’s Guide will have some good content (clans, give me more clans), though I’m bewildered by the decision to make the next big thematic sourcebook about The Second Inquisition of all things.

That’s just the next source book from Modiphius. I have heard rumblings that Onyx Path Publishing may or may not be doing the Sabbat book. But that may be coming later than the inquisition book, because at this moment in time that’s who the big scary bad guy is in the metaplot.

As for more clans with the players guide, you might get the Hecata (Giovanni, Samedi, etc) at that point as well as some new merits/flaws and rituals. I’m wondering if it will detail the Lasombra or if that will be left to just be in Chicago By Night which will be released estimated late 2019…