Newcomers

• As The Emissary, I’d like to know when new Kindreds enter the city, so that my job can be done correctly. If any of you members of this Baronny come across a newcomer that hasn’t met me, or if you’re a newcomer and see this message, contact me at this number : (XXX-YYY-ZZZZ).

Aidan Ellwyn, The Emissary of Branton.

• Wait, I thought that was Angelo’s job as Sweeper?

• His job is to account for newcomers. My job is to talk to them and advice them on the right choice of Coteries for them. Can’t do that if I never meet them.

Aidan Ellwyn, The Emissary of Branton.

• Unbound

Yo, Angelo. Make sure you pass the new arrivals along to Aidan.

Cool? Cool.

• Em

• So Aidan, maybe if your job is going to entail things like that ain’t normally connected to what Emissary’s do, you think about calling yourself something else. You know as to not confuse Licks that come from other Movement cities. Just sayin’

• If you have an issue on what I am called, tell that to the Baron. My role and the details of it is detailed in The Book, in a series of questions and answers that Anja asked. If people from other cities are confused, they just have to look.

Aidan Ellwyn, The Emissary of Branton

• Storytellers

This isn’t a Princedom. Questioning shit is what Anarchs do. He’s entitled to question you, as we all are.

Tia
    Random Cainite of Branton

• I didn’t chose this name, if you haven’t figured -that- out. The Baron did. You may question the title, but pestering me about something like that won’t take you anywhere. Bring it up with the one responsible of assigning titles, AKA the Baron. On that, I ask you to question me in private or face to face to not clog this section of the Book with stuff that doesn’t fit with the original announcement.

Aidan Ellwyn, The Emissary of Branton

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

TO CLARIFY for the sandy vaginas and pearl clutchers and TJ

Aidan is Emissary. His job has many duties one of which is meeting new people to help steer them to coteries, TJ and the job title is a known one, and since you SAY you were in LA, you should know this. He has other duties too, but this one, meeting new people, is only one of them.

Angelo is Sweeper. He is to keep track of newcomers amongst other things, TJ and again, if you were in LA, you should know this.

Two people meeting new people isn’t that hard of a concept. If Aidan meets someone new, he will let Angelo know. If Angelo meets someone new, he will let Aidan know. Aidan developed the coteries it MAKES PERFECT SENSE that he’d know best where to send people, TJ.

Emissary, Sweeper- I didn’t make those up. Those are REAL titles. Like Baron.

Or moron.

…TJ.

Felicia O’Neill. Baron. I didn’t make up the title. You can thank some dude named Jack for that I hear.

• Felicia,

I know about the title of Sweeper and what they do. I just figured that the reason Angelo was so much more out in the open about it since he’s just a friendly mother fucker and shit and wasn’t a creeper about the one in LA that just hangs out and watches for new Licks.

I know about the title of Emissary and the role they fill, reaching out as a go between with The Tower, Sabbat, and sometimes even other Barons. At no part did they bother with meeting new Licks or sending them over to any of the different crews in the city.

Now I personally, you can have Aidan do whatever the fuck you want to. Since my experience is different I asked a question and offered a suggestion. That’s it. I was gunna discuss this with Aidan next time I saw him. I don’t see the point anymore.

Oh one last piece of advice then it’s the last I give. Maybe you wanna get on the same page as your people. It’s not a good look when your Emissary says to talk privately about the matter then you go and write in the book when I’m standing 5 feet was on the rink.

~TJ

I don’t think this matters too much either way just now, a few growin’ pains until people get used to things. Aidan isn’t no Seneschal, but he got a role that co-ordinates people and helps 'em get settled. Angelo is important in keeping the rules adhered to and killing people who turn on us. So Felicia’s point makes good sense. But this isn’t a yessir (or ma’am) city, we’re Anarchs, so welcome to herding cats. We’re a fractious bunch but don’t forget these people in power supported Felicia rising up and put their own names on the line to step up and take a position. And beyond that TJ has as much right to ask questions as any other lick in the city. It might be annoying and frustrating for Aidan and even Angelo from time to time, but it keeps us all honest.

Merry Christmas.

• Yves

• I think it is very important that we are lead by a government which supports and has the support of a clear majority of Branton’s Lick population. Aidan, with good intentions, unified us but to what end? Are we trying to create another Tower? Our current structure is over centralized and becoming redundant. We have no transparency and questions are answered with insults rather than information. Disparaging remarks are not going to lead to solutions. Calling us fractious is not the truth. The majority of us went along with this plan created by a few. The majority of us have been working toward our group goals. There are a few of us that cling to their out dated clannish views. Recently, the administration prejudged individuals based upon clan, with one such individual going to the top of ‘the list’ based upon her clan and circumstance of her embrace. To restore confidence, I would like to know the administration’s plan to address the Tower, as well as the administration’s own tendencies toward inequality.

~Charm

@browncoyote said in Newcomers:

I think it is very important that we are lead by a government which supports and has the support of a clear majority of Branton’s Lick population. Aidan, with good intentions, unified us but to what end? Are we trying to create another Tower? Our current structure is over centralized and becoming redundant. We have no transparency and questions are answered with insults rather than information. Disparaging remarks are not going to lead to solutions. Calling us fractious is not the truth. The majority of us went along with this plan created by a few. The majority of us have been working toward our group goals. There are a few of us that cling to their out dated clannish views. Recently, the administration prejudged individuals based upon clan, with one such individual going to the top of ‘the list’ based upon her clan and circumstance of her embrace. To restore confidence, I would like to know the administration’s plan to address the Tower, as well as the administration’s own tendencies toward inequality.

~Charm

1. The Lick condition doesn’t really conform to the needs to democracy. That Beast that whispers to you when you are hungry or feel scared or angry? That is your predatory sense, it wants you to be number one. It wants me to be number one. So how can I trust you to have my best interests at heart? I cannot because you do not. A democracy for our society is literally trying to put a square peg in a round hole. It just does not work.
    2. However, we do not have the influence or power structure that the older and more powerful of our kind have to be able to called “autarkis”. The Second Inquisition will have you dead or the Tower will push you out of anywhere that you can reasonably feed within a few months.
    3. As for transparency, see point number one. A lot that transfers into this.
    4. I am sure that the leadership team is going to address the issue with the Tower when the time for that comes. But that is likely a long term project that needs thought put into it. Give it time.
    5. Inequity… the Movement respects those that earn it. Do some thing worthwhile and get that rep, and you will do well. Otherwise, you will just be known as a leech on the system. To me, that is more fair than the Tower sees it. It sees you for who your sire is, what your clan is, and sets your path based on that. You can work your ass off and never see your status or station improve, but you will see someone rise to the top for doing nothing because of what their pedigree is.

If this does not clear things up for everyone, I will be glad to sit and talk with you all in the Night Market one night. After all, talking to the masses is what The Ministry is known to do.

Forever Faithful,
    Lane

• I agre with Tea Ja Tee J TJ. We can say wat we wan to say and qesti ? what we wan to

• Lane, you don’t attend coterie meetings nor have you contributed to the group project. So don’t preach to me about survival, rumors about you are already horrible. Thanks for attempt to man-plain things, but I am asking the ‘actual’ administration members to address issues. If you are so willing to contribute now, though. Did you talk to Aidan before joining the Hilt?

• Storytellers

((please do not shame people ic for being unable to make a meeting for ooc reasons. Thank you!))

• ((I was not aware of an occ reason. Shame was only meant because of ic reasons. Is there a reason for him not to contribute via the forums in an ongoing project?))

• Storytellers

((We have players and staff from all over the world, many of whom have inflexible schedules cuz work and kids and/or time zones and stuff. Brain was working that night. Generally good rule of thumb for folks is to not call someone out ic for a missed event unless they were active on the server + fully able to go, but chose not to.))

• ((I apologize for that, but this character is looking like a hypocrite telling her to pull her wait when she is working for coterie, clan and secret shit for members of the government. Should could have gone tl:dr him based on merit.))

To clarify: I did not and do not put anyone on “the list” due to clan.

I stated that some woman who goes by the name of “Julian” needs to be watched due to the fact she is openly telling people she was embraced by her son and still is in contact with her mortal daughter.

There are those among us who are “open” to mortals and those among us who keep to the Masquerade. I am not in favor of the “open” ones.

But I’m sure if her daughter knows of her Mother’s and her brother’s nature, it’s all a-okay. It’s not like she doesn’t go where the rest of us go. If her daughter is not aware of their natures, I’m sure there is some plausible explanation for their never aging.

But to steak a quote from Archer and make it my own, “do you want hunters? This is how you get hunters.”

It is my job, and the job of us all, to keep the Masquerade and protect us. My saying she needs to be watched is not equivalent to my judging her on her clan. It IS equivalent to my judging her poor judgement on being so indiscreet.

But if everyone is okay with her indiscretion, cool. I’m sure the Second Inquisition will be okay with it as well.

Felicia O’Neill. Baron.