Homework from the STs
See what you did Syn! Looks like I have some reading to do.
No joke, I downloaded an audiobook on leadership because of these people.
Amongst other things I learned from playing Vampire:
How to read hieroglyphics
A working knowledge of voodoo
The Gens de coleur of New Orleans
History of courtesans
Read the Prince. Several times.
The difference between the many types of Anarchy
Benevolent dictators vs monarchs
Obscure Islandic history
The “holy Trinity” of many cuisines
A love of opera (thank you Justin and Da)
And much, much more!
Duh last edited by
@malevolence yvw for the culture rotfl
I have definitely learned a lot more about art and music the last few months thanks to Duh and Justin. I’m still a pleb but I’m WORKIN’ ON IT.
…Also conspiracy theories and other weird shit – literally – thanks and no thanks to Syn!
@jess You can be FayKing it to be making it
@nik I will bite you.
@jess That’s someone else’s job
@nik If she does it there’s no guarantee it will hurt!
Duh last edited by
S’getting a little kinky up in here!!
BiteyMcBitesalot last edited by
@jess > : 0 bites painfully
Now I’m not saying that I did or started these things for Vampire and that I wouldn’t have done them without it… But I am saying that the thought of “just think how much they’ll deepen my Vampire Lores” was about 10-30% of my motivation for them, depending on which item we’re talking about.
- BA religious studies
- Added in courses in Medieval European History and ME Art History. Saying that again, I chose my courses in undergrad based on how much they would intersect with Vampire Lores. Actually, Vtm was like 90% of my motivation for these ones.
- MA Biblical Languages.
- Current program in Mythological Studies.
Things I’ve learned because of VtM on Sang:
- I also read “The Prince”
- The history of the Second Sino-Japanese War and American immigration policy around that time
- How to look up random-ass laws from cities I’m not familiar with
- The Great Depression - common food, the effect on families, etc
- The history of home PCs
- Read “The Yellow Wallpaper”
- Styles of rap
- if you hide convert your wikipinions to binary and then hide it all in the page code people will get annoyed with you
- the rise of electricity in America
- The features of cults (and the Camarilla counts, apparently)
- Italian immigration to America in the late 1800s to early 1900s
- Anti-Italian and anti-Catholic bigotry in America
- terms of endearment in Italian
- Americanized Italian food and what socio-economic differences caused such a split from normal Italian food
- “The Nutcracker” ballet
- A bunch of research on psychology
- So much research on drugs and alcohol I’m probably on some list at this point
- how much blood is in an average human (in case I needed help getting on A LIST)
- Italian curses and the religious nature of them
- how to mold my phone’s predictive text to easily emote certain OCD derangements quickly and without giving myself carpal tunnel
and a lot more