((OOC: Nature of this Non-Board -- Clarification Request ))

• Hilt

((Is the Old School Malkavian Madness Network, like with sensory flashes, incomplete thoughts, and such? Is not that? The James is curious.))

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

((it is exactly that but we have never had a “formal” Malkavian Madness Network. It’s just basically, collective insane hive mind.))

• ((Do characters need to make some kind of roll to try to “broadcast” things into the hivemind? Also, are we allowed to post things that are general random snatches of our Malk’s particular brand of insanity and warped perception for the sake of flavor and atmosphere?))

@biteymcbitesalot

((Do characters need to make some kind of roll to try to “broadcast” things into the hivemind? Also, are we allowed to post things that are general random snatches of our Malk’s particular brand of insanity and warped perception for the sake of flavor and atmosphere?))

No.
    Yes.

• Hilt

((I’m guessing that an essay would be too much?))

(Yes. This is more of a surreal sort of thing. For instance, if you are speaking about the Blood Moon incident…

::You are sitting in your haven, staring at the television. You don’t even know what you are watching but a commercial comes on…

“Do do a dollop of Daisssssy…” Only the dollop of sour cream is veined with grey, it looks more like cheese than cream and then it begins to drip red, red, red…plop plop…and suddenly flashing before your eyes is a gaping maw, snarling, growling…plop plop plop…and you hear in the background, the drumming of tribal drums…boom boom booom…and the dollop of cheesy cream is now above you, coated in red and you hear the screams of a woman. Shrill but cold. Stoic but pained.

Then the screams ebb away to the sound of the tribal drums and then suddenly, “do do a dollop of Daisy!” :::

As you can see, that is speaking to an incident that occurred but it is surreal and confusing. I mean, wtf does sour cream have to do with werewolves? But it illustrates what I mean about surreal.

Another example, throwing back to an old Malk of mine, Xyza. The lillest Harpy. She was tiny, goth a.f. and haaaaaated Toreador.

"You are walking down the street, gazing at the closed boutiques, the lovely clothing in the window that is all very expensive and very chic. Then suddenly the window before you shatters, spraying glass everywhere. A tiny blur runs out of the jagged window, leaving a streak of black and red behind her, the clothing ruined in the wake. A song blares in your ears then, starting slow and easy, “If I was beautiful like you, I’d be quick to assume, they’d do anything to please me, why not. I see their reaction when you walk into the room.” The music crescendos, it becomes angry,- "But that will never be, that will never ever be. 'cause I’m not beautiful like you…"
    Then the music SCREAMS, shattering your ears but in some strange way, soothing your psyche for a brief moment…“I’m beautiful like me!”

Then it all fades. The window is intact. The clothing is still beautifully chic and you are left with a sense of smugness. You may not be beautiful, you may be insane, but at least you aren’t Toreador. And you kinda also know, Xyza got into a fight with a Rose again. Le sigh.::

Or something like that…))

• Hilt

((Wiiiiiiiiiin… <sound of Spanish speaking soccer announcer yelling “goal” for 5 minutes per breath>))