James's Mama's Surgery Update

• Hilt

So as I’ve indicated I’m down in the Texas to take care of my mama after she has this surgery. Surgery is tomorrow morning.

You know how emotions don’t give a shit about logic sometimes? Like how knowing why an emotion is dumb doesn’t satisfy it?

The surgery is in her neck. They’re going in through the front to mess with her spinal column. Gonna completely remove a disc and then weld the two vertebrae together.

OMG THE WORRIES.
    The worries are factually super dumb.
    Like no one (you know what I mean) ever dies from this. No one ever gets paralized from it. This floor of the hospital does nothing but this one surgery. Five times a day. It’s all they do, and their Bad Things rate is zero.

So I have no reason for worry.
    Brain: "They’re doing spinal surgery by going in through the front, dude. They’re gonna make a v’jayjay out of her throat and expose her spinal chord. This is some straight up Tzimisce shit, bro."
    Me: "No, let me repeat facts at you."
    Brain: "TZI…MI…SCE…"
    Me: "But, facts…"
    Brain: “Let’s imagine how easy it would be for them to miss and cause Bad Things.”

• Fears aren’t rationale, but… they are always justified. It’s okay to be scared, James. It’s fucking terrifying. I’m sorry. Best to accept it, to roll with that little voice in your head, which is just there to help you. It might not feel like it, but it means well.

Tell your mom you love her, and then be there for her. She’s probably scared too, even if there is bravado involved.

All my love is with you and your family at this time.

• Hilt

That means a lot. Thanks.

• Emotional intelligence. It’s a thing. 😉

• Hilt

Mama ok.
    Surgery good.
    Such tired.

• Glad to hear!

• Yay! Glad to hear it.

• 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

• Glad to hear! Now get some rest 😄

• That is wonderful news.