Convictions, Remorse and Humanity

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

We are currently in the process of reviewing the system and everyone’s Convictions. We will be rewriting the system for Humanity and remorse to better fit out style of game.

As of right now, if you incur Stains you will be rolling that same day to see if you lose them and feel remorse or if you keep them and lose humanity. This is how the rules read, and rolling once a week, we have discovered, lacks an immense amount of veracity and is not being played correctly.

Fair warning, a good many people are going to be asked to change or expand your convictions, so it would be nice if you start to give thought to those that better fit your character. People with 1-2 will definitely need to expand them, people who took Convictions from the book and lend nothing to their char, will be asked to change them. Those with things like, “don’t hurt puppies” or “don’t hurt kids” will definitely need to change them.

If you have any questions, see us in chambers

Starting now and through the end of the workshops that Duh, Justin, and the Helpers are putting on, start thinking of at least 10 adjectives that describe your character’s connections to humanity. Don’t look at your current convictions or the example ones on the wiki. Just think about your character and think like your character and write those adjectives down. No need to come in and tell us them or send them to us. We will call you into chambers when we are ready to tell them to us and when we do, be prepared for a long and collaborative process with staff to detail out convictions.

Okay kids, we’ve given you plenty of time to think about this. I or one of the other leads, with the help of the other storytellers will be calling you in to discuss this and get things done! woo!

Now, if you have already done a lot of thinking and have your stuff ready to go, grab us and we will set to updating your sheets. Remember, we want to get away from the generics listed in the book and while things like, “Don’t hurt kids” or “respect the elderly” are cool background things, they really don’t lend anything to your character in night by night activity.

Most of you have played your character long enough to understand him or her better and can speak more fully on their convictions and goals than when you created them. Don’t be afraid to be unique and expansive. For example, I think Felicia has like 6 or more convictions. None of which came from the book.

So, this may be a long discussion with you but lets have fun with it and lets get your character to a spot where they are valuable to the game.

thanks!

I sent out a slew of chats to people about their current Convictions. If you didn’t get one it is likely because you have a relatively new char or I felt no updates were needed. That doesn’t mean if you think you should update or want to change them, you are more than welcome to.