IT'S FINALLY HERE! Also, a contest!

1. Known about the site for a while but just now getting into the groove.
    2. Haven’t played yet working on a character but I hear good things .

1. I found Sanguinus a sweet, sweet evening, while playing KOTOR 2, I tabbed out, feeling the need to play a Vampire game online. I hadn’t found one to my taste in tabletops, so while on Google, I stumbled on a years old reddit thread talking about Sang, and this was all I need to go on a 7 hour binge read of the site, and the rest is history. I fucking love Sang because I feel that it is the perfect mix of LARP and Tabletop, giving players the feel of what it’s really like to play in a realistic VTM context. It’s awesome and I sure hope I never have to leave this goddamn beautiful place.

2. As @Jaxon said, my favorite moment from previous chronicle is totally the Seapunk Party. I really, really didn’t expect what happened there, went to IC while thinking “Just another nice, Rose event.” just to end up seeing a bloodbath that got my character harpooned to a wall by a double-personality elder Malkavian, and got diablerized by a Sharkavian while tens of the so-gentle Kindred from hours before jumped with knives and swords. It was cinematically a great scene, and I still have shivers!

1. I briefly played some years ago and wanted to try again. Also, love Bloodlines VG. Having been involved with Five Rings Online (an online game samurai RPG), I suddenly thought, “Hey! Check for VtM.” I was dubious, and lurked for quite a bit. Then I finally took the plunge.

2. Favorite moments….hmmm…

a. Caleb on the sewer expedition where it seemed like half the Kindred in the City fell into a filth-filled cesspool. First time I felt like I was contributing.

b. Caleb part of tense argument in the park with Sheriff Easy, deputy and two pissed off Gangrel - interrupted by a flasher in a bowler hat, um, flashing us, distracting us from the ensuing red-dye bomb exploding behind us, making us all look like used T-Rex tampons.

c. Mose dance’s with Maya. And the quiet moments. Unexpected and so poignant. Also, Lego hookah, y’all!

d. Mose and Frederic getting caught up in an increasingly plausible plan to use influences and abilities to hijack a train and blast into the old switching depot-slash-Fomori hide-out before an ST told us to just STAWP! (It woulda worked, Duh!!!)

e. The all-city planning meeting in Elysium, and Mose nervously standing up there in front to give an into with Prince, Elders, Primogen, everyone watching. (and then everyone exploded)

• Michael (who took the plural ‘moments’ and ran with it

• 1: can’t temember but I think it was Google

2: Everything Joseph, my malk diablerizing a dude who was harpooned to the wall, while in a shark suit (eyes Pandito)

• Hey if I win, I don’t need the core rulebook PDF, I have a physical and PDF version from pre-order already 🙂

1. I discovered Sang, god almost 7 years ago? And while I’ve jumped in and out I’ve always seemed to come back for more as I love the setting and the world you all help enforce, that it’s helping me build smarter and better characters by having me actually THINK about what they want prior to actually getting into game. No LARP for Vampire I’ve gone to has been able to come CLOSE to the dark, horror filled world you sick fu- I mean wonderful people have made 😄

2. I have a couple that come straight to my head:

A. We had a mandatory meeting once in the previous chronicle where we all watched a Brujah be accused of being a traitor to the tower and masquerade, then get the shit beat out of him before being Han Solo'd in bronze....then displayed in Elysium. This made me go  "oh shit...I actually HAVE to play smart if I don't want my character to die!"

and

B. My VERY first time playing Sang, I walked into the coffee shop everyone was in, and proceeded to announce VERY loudly, "I am new in town and wish to meet the Sheriff!" Everyone got real silent as I effectively just took the masquerade and shattered it in front 6-7 people before I got scolded at by said Sheriff.

• Ok, so I didn’t realize it wouldn’t block those cool boxes properly…and I can’t edit that post for some reason? So here’s what the post SHOULD be like…sorry

Hey if I win, I don’t need the core rulebook PDF, I have a physical and PDF version from pre-order already 🙂

1. I discovered Sang, god almost 7 years ago? And while I’ve jumped in and out I’ve always seemed to come back for more as I love the setting and the world you all help enforce, that it’s helping me build smarter and better characters by having me actually THINK about what they want prior to actually getting into game. No LARP for Vampire I’ve gone to has been able to come CLOSE to the dark, horror filled world you sick fu- I mean wonderful people have made 😄

2. I have a couple that come straight to my head:

A. We had a mandatory meeting once in the previous chronicle where we all watched a Brujah be accused of being a traitor to the tower and masquerade, then get the shit beat out of him before being Han Solo’d in bronze…then displayed in Elysium. This made me go “oh shit…I actually HAVE to play smart if I don’t want my character to die!”

B. My VERY first time playing Sang, I walked into the coffee shop everyone was in, and proceeded to announce VERY loudly, “I am new in town and wish to meet the Sheriff!” Everyone got real silent as I effectively just took the masquerade and shattered it in front 6-7 people before I got scolded at by said Sheriff.

• Toreador

1. I was cut off from most of the people I know when I moved back home, due to location, connection capability, etc. So, Ene, being an awesome friend, shoved the sanguinus link at me. So now I am ‘Eternally’ grateful.

2. Unfortunately, I’m a young blood. V5 only.

1. My friend Laura told me about this super cool place she found online called Sanguinus… probably around 2006 while sitting around. I said MEH… but then decided to try it out.

2. LAWDY. - I’ll go by character if I can remember.

• Amarandos: Using telepathy to pretend to be God to a Gangrel - Having malkavians protect the pleasing hat (all the time) - every time I’ve played his derangement
    • TTT: Blowing himself up & and the Elysium as well
    • Maria: Almost frenzying on the Tremere Sheriff (??) for dirtying her vintage Coco Chanel dress
    • Frederic: Han Solo’ing Morton’s character. What a fun scene. Planning the train heist with Mose.
    • Mozart: Probably punching Attis

• OMG How could I forget?

• Edward: Taking Joseph down a notch while he was prince. Stef messaged me that she was reading the scene and eating popcorn snrk
    • Bonus for New Corsica and Amarandos:
      Valentine: Why haven’t you ever come on to me?
      Amarandos: I’m gay
      Valentine: :: gossips about everyone and everything and clothing :: (Best bonding moment ever)

• Lead Storytellers Administrators

While getting drunk on bloodwine. So Real Housewives.

• @malevolence - YES YES YES

1. Stef. I took a break from Diablerie after playing there for ages, and when I came back looking, I found Sanguinus. And Stef was here. So… yeah. I followed suit! Also found a bunch of “old timers”. Why do I like playing here? The players are fucking superb, the storylines are as rich as anything you’d find in a core book, and honestly… it helps me hone my writing.

2. I have too many favourites, honestly. What tends to stick out to me are the darker moments, a character loss, or losing a gamble IC. The triumphs are all well and good, but I really love it when shit goes south, and just feeling that terrible moment of personal horror. If I had to choose one, it would be when Jacques died. The moment where the overconfidence of the character started to slip, from a composed arrogance to desperation, to frenzy. All while Valentine watched. It was fucking BRUTAL and I loved it.

• Storytellers

Not a contest entry since I already have the pdfs, but to get in on the fun.

1 After roughly 20 years of not playing (around the release of Kindred of the East) I attended Phoenix Comic Fest for a Star Wars Book Panel and saw they had people who set up VtM games during the event (on days I wasn’t attending). After looking through meet up, facebook, and various other avenues to find a table top game while binge watching Kindred the Embraced I googled online Vampire the Masquerade and Sanguinus was the first one that came up. I looked over others but submitted a character here first cause the website is better. On top of what everyone else said, I like that I don’t have to put on pants to play.

2 Chaos in the Elysium! As signs of the beginning of the end of v20 I got to smash up the Elysium under orders to do so by they Keeper, watch the Malkavian’s vision of the fall of Branton, and floor explode almost right out from under my character and escape as it burned with barely a scratch.

3 Bonus answer. Favorite ooc moment, getting called to chambers by Stef wondering what I was doing wrong this time to find out that I was named a Helper!

1. Google searching
      1a. The people were okay.
    2. Surviving a literal building falling on my character. +Declan

• Hilt

A ) I found Diablerie back in 2006 because I was searching for like some random ST’s blog of the chronicle they were running in tabletop vtm. I figured “I bet some one has done that, and I’ll read it just to mine it for things that’ll spark my imagination,” cuz I was abut to start a tabletop game. Didn’t know there even were online large campaigns. While there, I met whoever was playing Angelo Nicea in NC first run here on Sang. He mentioned in ooc that there was a vtm big game, and that he was,part of it. So I came here. Boom. Dropped Diab. I play cuz I love y’all people and the game.

Second ) One of my fave pre-V5 memories has to be being part of the Nosferatu Thrwe Stooges. The Shenanigans of Mozart, Mose, & Attis are near and dear to my heart. So desperate to win daddy’s approval, and such fuck-ups we were.

James

• Storytellers

not entering, but willing to throw an additional core book pdf code into the contest.

1. I first heard about Sanguinus because some dick was in one of the WoD facebook groups I was in complaining about how he wasn’t allowed to minmax, basically, and he had ragequit from approvals. Sounded like the place for me.

2. Logan: Leaving the brujah sheriff with a couple days worth of malk hair on the floor in the cell, as well as a very close to masterpiece unfinished finger painting on the wall of the cell. Of a hunter.

Taking 7 agg to the chest in one round and surviving.

The incredibly stupid malk plan to steal a true faith object and hide it in court or elysium to see what happened. In our (weak) defense, we did not know what true faith was, only that the object made us feel weird so obviously, we needed to play with it. Obviously.

Viola:
    Progressively more ridiculous court outfits because her mask was Donatella Versace.

“I’ll be fine, they’re only ghouls!” She was not fine. She was not fine at all.

Setting off her own and the elder malk’s derangement in a self-feeding loop that scared people.

Selling a ventrue her own haven and ghoul info.

Making Kyle’s life hell when he tried to force her to teach him obfuscate because she was still hella traumatized frm the ghouls using her as a juicebox experience.

The cake prank. No ragrets.

Edit: Almost forgot: unmasking in Elysium to harass baby toreador and ghouling a ventrue’s mortal ally for shits and grins.

• Toreador Spine

1. In my youth I bought the first books, it was intriguing, but I did not find friends interested.
      Years later, I found the books again in an old box in the attic and felt a bit nostalgic.
      After a Google search (in late october 2017), as many of us, I found Sanguinus and I had my first chat with Nik.
      And, as they say, The rest is history!

2. The Gallery opening and the Death of Andrea Barber. I was playing Ruggero, a Toreador opera singer. He was in charge, competing with other Toreadors, of finding artists for the Gallery. It was one of my very firsts experience of roleplaying. It was very intense - not only for the scene, absolutely well described, but carefully planned in previous session: the search for an artist, meeting and courting her, planning a pleasant evening and the praises of my Primogen for finding a beautiful painting, and at last - the Party. Lights, chatting, music, carousing, the mortales leaving the place one by one and a final innocent test.
      Who will be the winner? who is the most gifted? Andrea won. And then, suddenly - the horror. The Nosferatu Prince, Maddox, materialized and squashed her head, right in front of Ruggero. It was not only filled with horror, but with guilt too: indeed HE lured Andrea to the party and vote to let her be the winner of the prize, so he was the indirect cause of her death.
      I remember the post-murder dialogue with Theodora, in the empty room still echoing of the scream of the kindreds fleeing scared, frightened to death but unable to leave the body of Andrea.

P.S. I still wonder what kind of bet Maddox and Mason had, but I’m afraid that I’ll never know. Damn!

• Toreador Spine

@bek Baby Toreadors effectively scared. Ruggero consumed a barrel of hand sanitizer after shaking hands with Viola. and cannot still forget her knees and her tail 😄

So… one of my books is still in JFK airport stuck in customs! I want to wait to pick winners until ya know… I have ALL the stuff to give away! So this contest is still open if you wanna sound off for it!

• I’ll actually withdraw my entry since I’ve got all three pdf’s, but it was fun to read all the rest.