Employment, Vampires and You

Dedicated to explaining what it is like to be a Kindred and explain the ins and outs of VTM-Specific skills.

Moderator: Storytellers

Employment, Vampires and You

Postby Malevolence » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Vampires, even the newest, most human-looking vampires, can not hold down regular jobs. The statement, "Well, I work at night." doesn't cover it. I know from Real life experience. There are always daytime meetings, people not showing up to take over, being in the middle of something you can not possibly stop just because dawn is coming.

Imagine being a nurse/doctor/EMT in the middle of CPR and dawn comes..can you simply stop and say, "My shift is over! Going home!" No...you can not.

Imagine working in a high stress job- like a fast food joint- and a drunk dude comes in at 3 am wanting fries and he has to wait. "What do you mean I have to fucking wait?!" and your Brujah suddenly frenzies and rips his head off.

There ARE some jobs you can take. Stripper, bouncer, bartender, maybe some others. But a "normal job?" No way.

This is part of the tragedy of the World of Darkness. Try as you might, you can not live a "normal life" doing "normal things" and make a "normal living"

You are not human. You never will be again.

PLEASE play this accordingly. Far too many times a good many people simply ignore that this is a horrible life your characters are living. Damned by God, unable to do the things you may have loved doing, this is tragic..and should factor into your RP.

[Maya | Ravnos | Elder | Independent | Clan Status: 7 | Appearance 5 - Exotic, Charisma 5- Graceful, Presence]
[Joan Wright | Toreador |Harpy | Cammie Status: 3 | Current Clan Status: 2 | Appearance 3,Charisma 3,Presence]
Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Share On

Re: Employment, Vampires and You

Postby Malevolence » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:23 pm

bump

[Maya | Ravnos | Elder | Independent | Clan Status: 7 | Appearance 5 - Exotic, Charisma 5- Graceful, Presence]
[Joan Wright | Toreador |Harpy | Cammie Status: 3 | Current Clan Status: 2 | Appearance 3,Charisma 3,Presence]
Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Employment, Vampires and You

Postby Malevolence » Thu May 31, 2018 8:22 pm

repost and bump

Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to On Being Kindred