Introductions! Come say hello if you're new

A catch-all forum for out of character and off-topic discussions.

Moderators: Syn, Storytellers

Forum rules
Welcome to the Sanguinus.org forums. All new players are encouraged to check out the posts that are stickied as Announcements and apply to whichever usergroups that pertain to your character.

While we do NOT censor, we request that you please remember to be respectful and keep things civil when posting and above all... HAVE FUN!

PS: TRY to not necrothread unless it is extremely pertinent!

Re: Introductions! Come say hello if you're new

Unread postby Venetia » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello! I'm obviously new (and hapless and confused, but I'm sure that'll all get better in time) and am looking forward to trying out VtM. I've played and DMed some DnD before, but that's the only experience I have with any kind of tabletop shenanigans.

I've never really used IRC before, but I don't know anyone offline who'd be interested in playing with me since we'd all be flying blind. I'd like to make a character in the next few weeks, but right now I'm just going to lurk around the forums and IRC to get a feel for everything. You might see me as under the name "lurking" in the IRC; I figured that was the best way to let people know I'm not participating yet.

(Actually, I do have a character I want to play, but I'll need to work on her a bit more before she's ready to submit for approval)
Venetia
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Share On

Unread postby isadorbg » Mon May 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Welcome to Sang !

I am actually totally new to the rp scene when I started playing here. So don't be afraid to dive in ! What is the worst that can happen ? (mmh actually forget that :lol: )

But anyway take your time. No need to rush. See you seen IC hopefully ! :)
|Julien Laurent| Clan Ventrue | |Charisma 3| Appareance 3|
isadorbg
Neonate
Neonate

Unread postby Rua » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Um Hello it well is a pleasure to meet everyone most people call me Rua I well am a collage student and well was hoping to find a fun group of people to play with since well the collage I attend is a bit far away from most places and I well am fairly shy until I get to know people. I used to play a number of the different white wolf games when I was younger and in high school and even a little Larping before I went away to collage though I was dragged to that by friends. I am afraid that I will be stumbling a bit over IRC as I try to figure it out. I tend to play characters that are a bit like myself and tend to be a bit closed off at first though I understand as a vampire I am a monster and a predator. I have started to glance over the character creation rules and well have been thinking of a few concepts though well sadly my initial thought of a Caitiff who tried to stay unnoticed while loyal to the Camirilla will have to wait it seems since they are I guess restricted would be a proper word for it. So maybe a Malkavian with a proper derangement though i have to find the right mindset I don't want to ever come off as silly creepy is fun but never silly after all someone truly insane as a Malkavian should always make people at least a little uncomfortable around them. I do wonder if anyone would know the Enchanting voice merit would that reduce the difficulty of performance singing? also would anyone be able to tell me well I generally don't make very combat oriented characters so well is there a lot of combat in the game I know combat happens just will a character who tries to avoid fights if she can be a big problem?
Rua
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Unread postby freedomischaos » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Enchanting Voice does not reduce difficulty in singing.

You don't have to build in a lot of combat, some isn't a bad idea though.
[others: Rodrich Crowley (Followers of Set), Bob Jennings (Elder Malkavian),
Wilhelm Furst (Elder Ventrue), Jason Pitman (Ventrue), Gideon (Gangrel Anarch),
Simon LaMontagne (Tremere Elder)
freedomischaos
Lead Storyteller
Lead Storyteller

Unread postby whitepawn » Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Hello!

I go by Whitepawn here on the forums but y'all can call me Jay as that is the first letter of my first name! I have been looking for a dedicated, active V20 game for a couple a months and stumbled on this community nigh on a month ago. Since then, I have poked around on the web page and wiki, just to satisfy my curiosity. I finally took the plunge and joined the mIRC server a couple weeks ago and I'm happy to say that I've finally got an approved character ready to play! I'm super excited to get to play with and get to know everyone. I hope I can bring some interesting things to the table and write an amazing story with all of you.

Thanks for this opportunity!
Frances "Fay" King - Brujah || Clan Status: 0 - Sect Status: 0
Charisma 3 - Appearance 3 || Expression 1 - Intimidation 1 - Leadership 2 || Presence
whitepawn
Neonate
Neonate

Unread postby McCabe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 am

Hey!
I'm Patrick, currently playing Ryan . I'm a Groundworker by day (digging holes and filling with drains/conctrete/steel/tarmac haha and by night I'm a slob and layabout (I sometimes freelance as a digital artist when I can be bothered). I've been playing Vampire since I was 14 (which is too long ago now) and other games, but none of them are as good haha.
looking forward to getting to know everyone!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
McCabe
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Unread postby Zahana » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Apparently I never introduced myself here.

I'm Zak.

The last time I played Vampire 2nd edition in Aol chat rooms.

I'm playing a Ventrue that I created while binge watching The Wire.
Does history guide you or do you set out to change it?
[Venture |Charisma 3 |Appearance 2 |Intimidation 2 |Leadership 2 |Presence]
Zahana
Neonate
Neonate

Unread postby BitYarr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi,
A little late with introductions, but here they are.
I'm Erwin, playing Stanley. Have absolutely no experience with Vampire (except for the computer games), so everything still looks new to me :)
If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask. I won't bite (often).
Stanley Borr | Brujah | App 2 | Cha 3 | Int 3 | Leadership 1
BitYarr
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Unread postby suchsights » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am

Hello all,
I'm Sam, an English guy in his 30's who still wishes he was in his 20's. I work in education and am generally a big old geek.
I played a very small amount of D&D and used to play VtM on IRC way back when i was a teen but not played since - so actually still pretty clueless.
My first character idea was kind of a miss. He was a Malk, and after I got the notes back on submitting him realised he was too complicated and would be a nightmare to play. I had a really defined idea of him – probably too much. I write quite a bit and think I treated developing the idea of him like coming up with a character in a story, and he'd maybe make an interesting NPC or a character in a bit of fiction, but a good character for RP probably shouldn't need the amount of explanation he would :P
So currently working on a new character (Toreador this time) and trying to make him a little more flexible. Will try and pop into OOC chat and say hello to people soon!
suchsights
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Unread postby Radithor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 am

Hey, I am Radithor, real name Jean-Luc but hey call me Lutz or either, doesn't matter. Been playing here for a week, decided only now to post an introduction! I live in South Africa, yes I know of Die Antwoord, no not really a fan. I hope to see yáll in RP! If I cant rp sometimes it's cause of my weird timezone, but see you IC!
Radithor
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to OOC