The glorious past!

Questions for the storytellers and admins about the game, or to discuss VTM in general.

Moderator: Storytellers

Forum rules
This is a place to post questions and start discussions in regards to the game and it's mechanics.

We encourage debate and participation but remember, NO FLAMING. Always be respectful and STAY ON TOPIC.

The glorious past!

Postby Therin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:24 pm

It has been mentioned somewhere on this forum that kindred wouldn't be able to exist in modern society with phone call monitoring, and a camera in every cellphone. So here's a wild idea. Set the next xhronicle in the 80's or 90's :)

[Canis |Gangrel |Useful |Current Clan Status: ●●●●○ ᛏ ○○○○○ | ▲Good
Therin
Neonate
Neonate

Share On

Re: The glorious past!

Postby MrJanusu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

AND MAKE IT ANARCHS. :D ((Not demanding anything, please spare me Primal.))
"Vampire king, you lay upon the blood-soaked dirt of your ruined land. Castles plundered, dominions in ruin, servants destroyed, all to end the hellfire with which you sought to cover the world. A bloody conquest having consumed hundreds of thousands, countless villages razed to the ground, and over 20,000 impaled and prostrated by you and you alone to strike horror into the hearts of mortal men. What say you, monster, demon, devil, conceived by the bleakest womb, what say you NOW!?"
"... The Aristocrats."
:: Mikhail Petrikov :: Clan Brujah ::
Cha3/App2/Intim3/Leadership0/Presence
MrJanusu
Neonate
Neonate

Postby isadorbg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Frankly, I never understood that point of view. It's not like the wod while similar is a different universe where the illuminatii literally exist (The Technocracy) with sifi gadgets that dwarves our current technological capabilities and make sure the sleeper stay as ignorant as possible. :)

Plus even in our very cynical world you'd need more than pictures or videos to convince the majority of humans that the supernatural exist. Or at least the way it "really" exist in the wod. We are strongly attached to our beliefs (or lack thereof ;) ). I mean it's not like in some contreversial subject we can have completely different interpretations of what went on even if footage evidence.

Altough tbf the governments probably knows something about the supernatural. Probably not everything thanks to to obfuscating of the Technocracy and the Camarilla (Domination is such a wonderfull tool) but enough to know something and contributing to hide it from the mundane populace probably under the order from "above". "hint hint ;) ".

I mean we all know that the CIA covers the existence of alien in our midst and is currently experimenting on them in the not so hidden area 51 so why not vampires while we are at it amiright. :D
|Julien Laurent| Clan Ventrue | |Charisma 3| Appareance 3|
isadorbg
Neonate
Neonate

Postby MrJanusu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 pm

The VTM 20th anniversary edition book specifically states that the government KNOWS all about the supernatural. Not ALL the government, but there's definitely agencies with knowledge.
"Vampire king, you lay upon the blood-soaked dirt of your ruined land. Castles plundered, dominions in ruin, servants destroyed, all to end the hellfire with which you sought to cover the world. A bloody conquest having consumed hundreds of thousands, countless villages razed to the ground, and over 20,000 impaled and prostrated by you and you alone to strike horror into the hearts of mortal men. What say you, monster, demon, devil, conceived by the bleakest womb, what say you NOW!?"
"... The Aristocrats."
:: Mikhail Petrikov :: Clan Brujah ::
Cha3/App2/Intim3/Leadership0/Presence
MrJanusu
Neonate
Neonate

Postby freedomischaos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Therin wrote:It has been mentioned somewhere on this forum that kindred wouldn't be able to exist in modern society with phone call monitoring, and a camera in every cellphone. So here's a wild idea. Set the next xhronicle in the 80's or 90's :)

That was basically New Corsica.
[others: Rodrich Crowley (Followers of Set), Bob Jennings (Elder Malkavian),
Wilhelm Furst (Elder Ventrue), Jason Pitman (Ventrue), Gideon (Gangrel Anarch),
Simon LaMontagne (Tremere Elder)
freedomischaos
Lead Storyteller
Lead Storyteller

Postby Isaac » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm

I personally enjoy playing in modern nights myself as it creates a particularly challenging environment when engaging with mortals. But I also enjoyed New Corsica (Redux part II: the boogaloo) back when it was a thing. Wouldn't mind seeing a future chronicle set it the time period again eventually.
[Charles Coleman|Toreador | Whip| Camarilla Status: Praised by Council| Toreador Status: --|
Appearance 2| Charisma 2| Intimidation -| Leadership 1]
Isaac
Ancillae
Ancillae

Postby Jamestoo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Of the more distant past time-places, the two that I think are richest in depth are
Rome, from 50 BCE to 500CE.
Constantinople, from 800CE to 1450 CE.
Paris from 1300 CE to 1800CE.
London, from 1500 CE to 1900 CE.

Fine, so maybe that's not two...
ATTIS: Nosferatu. Charisma 4 (Pleasant). Appearance 0/1 (mask). Intimidation (0). Leadership (0). Camarilla Status 1 (Engaging, Disrespectful).
Jamestoo
Ancillae
Ancillae

Return to Game Questions and Discussions