Characters not as Planned

Questions for the storytellers and admins about the game, or to discuss VTM in general.

Moderator: Storytellers

Forum rules
This is a place to post questions and start discussions in regards to the game and it's mechanics.

We encourage debate and participation but remember, NO FLAMING. Always be respectful and STAY ON TOPIC.

Characters not as Planned

Unread postby Jamestoo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:39 pm

It's a common thing for characters to turn out to be like a totally different person than you originally planned. Like you imagine they'll think and feel and present one way, and then two weeks into playing them you realize they have a very different soul than the one you originally imagined.

SO! What are some of y'all's Former characters who turned out to be different people than you planned? I say former so that it won't reveal IC stuff OOC. Be sure to pic an example that won't spoil anything.

Thx
James

ATTIS: Nosferatu. Charisma 4 (Pleasant). Appearance 0/1 (mask). Intimidation (0). Leadership (0). Camarilla Status 1 (Engaging, Disrespectful).
Jamestoo
Ancillae
Ancillae

Share On

Re: Characters not as Planned

Unread postby Jamestoo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:42 pm

And HOW was they different? That's the important part.

ATTIS: Nosferatu. Charisma 4 (Pleasant). Appearance 0/1 (mask). Intimidation (0). Leadership (0). Camarilla Status 1 (Engaging, Disrespectful).
Jamestoo
Ancillae
Ancillae

Re: Characters not as Planned

Unread postby Scarecrow » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm

My list of characters in VTM isn't at all extensive, so can't really comment on them (I still miss Caleb...)

But I'd say pretty much ALL my characters change almost instantly upon contact with RP. Experiences become formative, skills/abilities/attributes/etc. change per the circumstance almost immediately. I usually only keep fuzzy guidelines for what I'm trying to accomplish with them.

But for me, declaring a stated expectation for my characters' growth pretty much guarantees that's the only direction they WON'T go.

Michael
Mose Martin | Nosferatu | Status: 2 | Camarilla | Primogen | Appearance: 1/0 | Charisma: 2 | Intimidation 3 | Leadership 1
Scarecrow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Return to Game Questions and Discussions