So here's a V5 Question:

A catch-all forum for out of character and off-topic discussions.

Moderators: Syn, Storytellers

Forum rules
Welcome to the Sanguinus.org forums. All new players are encouraged to check out the posts that are stickied as Announcements and apply to whichever usergroups that pertain to your character.

While we do NOT censor, we request that you please remember to be respectful and keep things civil when posting and above all... HAVE FUN!

PS: TRY to not necrothread unless it is extremely pertinent!

So here's a V5 Question:

Unread postby Scarecrow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

As I peruse the V5 pdf, a few things strike me. (and by 'peruse', I really haven't gotten in depth at all)

Many of the...developments...lore-wise can be seen as echoed, mimicked, or in position in our current Chronicle. I don't say this in an assertive manner; it could easily be me drawing connections solely from my viewpoint. It could also be coincidence - as surveillance and technology arises, it's inevitable that the Masquerade will be threatened much more readily, for instance. (I could also be wildly wrong - shocker, I know!)

If this is something the Admin are willing to comment on, are there seeds planted in Branton that have germinated in V5? And it's totally cool if you don't want to comment.

Michael/Mose
Mose Martin | Nosferatu | Status: 2 | Camarilla | Primogen | Appearance: 1/0 | Charisma: 2 | Intimidation 3 | Leadership 1
Scarecrow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Share On

Re: So here's a V5 Question:

Unread postby Jamestoo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 am

Yes.

The ST's said they're bringing the meta to be in line with V5.

"But how did they know?"
They're friends with the writers of V5.

ATTIS: Nosferatu. Charisma 4 (Pleasant). Appearance 0/1. Intimidation (0). Leadership (0). Camarilla Status 3 (Engaging, Disrespectful, +2 Temporary).
Jamestoo
Elder
Elder

Unread postby Scarecrow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 am

Cool, thanks. I must have missed that.

And I fully expect they're well-read into the developments; I've been on play-test teams and such for other systems and knew proposed changes and storylines many months ahead of publication. It's one reason I asked, but thanks for adding to it!

I know they've also been enthusiastic for the implications of V5 as a more dire, desperate time to be a Kindred. "The Jyhad Diaries" bit seems particularly placed for this: viewtopic.php?f=244&t=15980

- Michael
Mose Martin | Nosferatu | Status: 2 | Camarilla | Primogen | Appearance: 1/0 | Charisma: 2 | Intimidation 3 | Leadership 1
Scarecrow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Unread postby Malevolence » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:08 am

Exactly that. A lot of what we've done so far is from jyhad diaries. Some is thru advanced knowledge.
I'm not sure if you had a question or just wanted to comment, so clarify if I missed something.

[Maya | Ravnos | Elder | Independent | Clan Status: 7 | Appearance 5 - Exotic, Charisma 5- Graceful, Presence]
[Joan Wright | Toreador |Harpy | Cammie Status: 3 | Current Clan Status: 2 | Appearance 3,Charisma 3,Presence]
Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Scarecrow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:15 am

are there seeds planted in Branton that have germinated in V5?

That was my basic question, and it seemed answered pretty readily. And it's completely a 'curiosity' thing. The more I read, the more I've been going, "Hmmm"...or "Heeeyyyy, that sounds familiar."

A little bit of wondering if and when we might be seeing this, and more and more thinking, "Um, I think we already are!"

- MIchael
Scarecrow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Unread postby Malevolence » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 am

There have been seeds as far back as Chicago. The world updates are mostly from Jyhad Diaries at the moment with a lot more to come.

We've known stuff for awhile but didn't want to drop it all at once or spoil things for people before the book actually dropped.

[Maya | Ravnos | Elder | Independent | Clan Status: 7 | Appearance 5 - Exotic, Charisma 5- Graceful, Presence]
[Joan Wright | Toreador |Harpy | Cammie Status: 3 | Current Clan Status: 2 | Appearance 3,Charisma 3,Presence]
Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OOC