Babies Be Anarchs

Questions for the storytellers and admins about the game, or to discuss VTM in general.

Moderator: Storytellers

Forum rules
This is a place to post questions and start discussions in regards to the game and it's mechanics.

We encourage debate and participation but remember, NO FLAMING. Always be respectful and STAY ON TOPIC.

Babies Be Anarchs

Unread postby Onyx » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 am

* So... if released babies are anarchs...
* And if the Camarilla & Anarchs are at straight up war, rather than tension...

Then like...
The second they get released they get murdered, right? Like if the sire doesn't kill them immediately they're betraying the sect & prince, right?

Or am I a dumbz?
GEAR: Charisma 2 Appearance 2 Intimidation 3
Current Status: ?
Onyx
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Share On

Re: Babies Be Anarchs

Unread postby Zahana » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 am

Anarchs are typically more run out of town than straight up killed.
Camarilla Status 2 Appearance 4 (Rugged) Charisma 3 Intimidation 0 Leadership 0
http://wiki.sanguinus.org/index.php/Ricky
Zahana
Storyteller
Storyteller

Unread postby freedomischaos » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 am

James, for your consideration, how are Anarchs able to get brought into the Camarilla sect?
a witty retort.
freedomischaos
Lead Storyteller
Lead Storyteller

Unread postby freedomischaos » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 am

How did your character do it when he would be between an Anarch and a Independent?
a witty retort.
freedomischaos
Lead Storyteller
Lead Storyteller

Unread postby Onyx » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:09 am

Yeah that didn't make sense to me either, based on my understanding at the time. I was literally thinking "wouldn't they just murder you on sight and not let you negotiate?"

So I take your point. "It ain't like that, dude." Not official war like I thought, and Anarchs are allowed to come to Elysium to chat.

Fistbump.
GEAR: Charisma 2 Appearance 2 Intimidation 3
Current Status: ?
Onyx
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Unread postby Scarecrow » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:20 am

Onyx wrote:, and Anarchs are allowed to come to Elysium to chat.

Are they, though? Elysium used to be open to any Kindred - including Sabbat - just so long as they honored the rules. But I'm pretty sure Alamuerte closed it to all but those sworn to the Camarilla in the Chicago dust-up.

The issue with fledglings and anarch vs. Cam, is that the Sire is responsible for the fledgling until they are ready to be released - whereupon one imagines they either leave town, or swear fealty to the local ruler (well, if Cam).

- Michael/Scarecrow/Celestin
Scarecrow
Neonate
Neonate

Unread postby Syn » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:33 am

Regarding the fledgling issue - short answer, they are not murdered, and unlike the V5 Cam book they're not kicked out immediately on Release in our game - because it would be unfair of us to approve fledglings in our setting if that was the case. Long full answer will be posted a little later, as it's lost to the old forum and I am super le tired from long day

Re: Elysium. Book rules: Camarilla only. OUR rules: Louis has ruled that Elysium remains open to all, and all are accorded protection under the Laws of Elysium regardless of sect, however that is predicated on being able to find Elysium. Non-Camarilla are no longer frequently told where Elysia -are-.

Yes, the Camarilla and Anarchs are at war.
Norma Gay - Herald, Clan Toreador | Charisma: 3 | Appearance: 4 | Presence | Enchanting Voice
City Status: 4 (Entertaining, Concise, Cheeky | Audacious)

Njeri Leonie Muhumusa - Clan Brujah | Charisma: 2 | Appearance: 3 | Presence | Former Anarch
City Status: 2 (Involved, Brazen, Productive | Provocateur, Impudent)
Syn
Storyteller
Storyteller

Unread postby Morton » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 pm

The fact that their Status is "Anarch" doesn't mean they are, in fact, an Anarch. They're just the lowest on the totem pole and will have to prove themselves, through actions (or boons or whatever) that they are (trust) worthy of becoming a member of the Camarilla. You've gotta earn that position.

Besides, I assume that people need the approval of the Prince first to receive the right of Embrace - the prince is quite aware of who she grants this honor and will give the Sire (and childe) some credit before banishing the childe from her Domain.
Morton
Former Staff
Former Staff

Unread postby Malevolence » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Here is how it will go:

• You get embraced, you are under the accounting of your Sire until he or she deems you able to be on your own and releases you.
  • Upon release you are an anarch. Not a capital A anarch meaning you have proclaimed to the world, "fuck the camarilla" You are a "little a" anarch in that you have not been invited into the Camarilla.
  • Once (and if) you prove yourself worthy of being invited into the Camarilla, Valentine will do so.
  • It is up to Valentine if what you do is worthy of being in the Camarilla.
  • That does not mean you are out on your ear, in danger of dying, etc etc
  • It DOES mean you best get to work, even BEFORE you are released, to be the best Camarilla member you can be
  • If it takes "too long" and I put that in quotes because I can't say for certain, right now, how long that is, you WILL be booted.
  • Dems da brakes kids. The game is a lot tougher now.
Malevolence
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Knightfox » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Perhaps a better term to describe a newly released Childe would be Independent? Independents, like Beckett, can be allowed in a city if the Prince allows them to be. It even makes it an interesting question if someone is considered to be part of the Camarilla if they aren't from the area? If a neonate who has proved himself in another city and then moves, would they be recognized as part of the Camarilla since their deeds in another city might not be known and recognized by the Camarilla of the new city?
Knightfox
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Next

Return to Game Questions and Discussions